Respected Contributor

Re: Loved my Dooney bags but after bad customer service from the company I am saying goodbye

@CaliforniaDee wrote:

Want to warn you all, DO NOT SHOP AT DOONEY.COM

Recently I spent $538.00 on bags at Dooney.com

I returned them as the items arrived and did not compare to other bags I have purchased.  Quality has gone down!

I have proof thru UPS that they received my bags back in their warehouse on 3/9

Now get this!  Dooney is refusing to credit my accounts, because they say I never paid for the handbags!  Yes you read that correctly!  I have proof with transaction numbers which have been provided to the company!  They have a computer issue and they are refushing to see my side!

I  am now fighting them thru my credit card company

It has been over 30 days of arguing with them!

Have over 30 bags but will no longer give them my business!

Hope QVC parts with them some day!

Peter Dooney should be ashamed!

Beware Quality and Customer Service have gone to the waste side!  

@CaliforniaDee

The D&B website and their "customer service" are really bad!!!  I can't believe the stuff they tell me and the lack of communication.  I will NEVER shop with them again!

Honored Contributor

Re: Loved my Dooney bags but after bad customer service from the company I am saying goodbye

How soon did you return the bags?  Is it possible that your returned them before your CC company had actually debited the payment into their account?  I paid for a summer college class for my niece once and few days later, she changed her mind and withdrew.  The class hadn't even begun.  When I asked for a refund, the college couldn't refund me until they actually received the money from my CC card company.  I spoke to several people at my CC company all of who said the transaction had been made and then some big guy called and explained that the transaction was indeed in process but it was true, the college hadn't actually received the money because that can take up to 2 weeks.  It actually took 9 days and then the college sent me a refund check.

New Contributor

Not a personal problem

Today Paypal refunded me 2 out of the 3

stuill fighting for the 3rd one

Respected Contributor

That's good.

When it works, Paypal is great, but sometimes it adds confusion, since they let you purchase without having your money in hand. At one time it took three business days for them to actually receive funds. It's a little quicker now, but returns can be a nightmare. I don't think Dooney uses Paypal anymore.

Hope you get your third refund soon.