Trusted Contributor

Louis Vuitton Price Increase (10-1) & Customer Service

Hi Handbag Lovers.

Anyone like or buy LV?  They increased prices yesterday.  I saw on you tube some people posting about it.  Comments about not liking it, of course.  But also mentions about how many items are out of stock so they weren't available at the old price anyway.

I bought a new LV bag last week before the increase. (I had no idea the price was going up.  So yay for me!!)  It was out of stock on line, but I called the customer service number.  They said it was out of stock but available for them to order for me. 

I had to pay for it, not knowing when it would come in.  I know some people might not like that.  I did hesitate for a second, but decided I wanted it anyway and could always return or cancel if it was taking too long.

As it turned out, I only waited 2 days between order received and order shipped.  I had it in my hot little hands in less than a week.  I did not buy expedited shipping. 

I guess when you are a luxury brand, you are going to price some customers out.  And as with anything, high demand (out of stock on line) and low supply does make prices go up. 

If you are interested in getting one and it says out of stock, give them a call.  I suspect more customers are doing this and that's why so many items are out of stock.  I don't really know.  This is the second time I had success with customer service.  Last time, the bag was out of stock on line, but there was one at a store near me.  So I was able to pick it up.  

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Louis Vuitton Price Increase (10-1) & Customer Service

[ Edited ]

I am not in the market for LV any more but I loved my Speedy back in the 80s. I sold it on ebay about 10 years ago for twice what I paid for it. It was my first expensive handbag. There were many more to come but I don't spend a lot of money on them anymore. Enjoy though. I loved handbags and high heels but now its mostly Skechers. Woman LOL

I just looked at the prices now. OMG!!!

Respected Contributor

I'm also no longer a buyer. I have some that I still enjoy.

I was visiting with the LV in NM about the proliferation of fakes.He said they are so good that the only way they can be that good is bc they have gotten some authentic plates (printing I guess?)

One of the US largest "flee markets" near Dallas just confiscated a truck load of fakes. 

My 30 something neice said when sees someone with a bag she just assumes it is fake. 

Respected Contributor

I read that LV raises their prices to protect the exclusivity of their brand,  When times are "hard" they increase their prices so that they retain their status as a luxury brand.  I still have my black ulticolor Alma from 15 years ago that looks new except for the patina.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

@granddi

@KCDiva 

I keep saying every one is the last one.  So this IS the last one!! LOL.

They do have a big problem with fakes and I think it's a big problem for everyone.  When you buy fake, you don't know who you are actually funding--- organized crime, terrorism, human trafficking.  One just never knows.

I see a lot LV bags in my area.  I don't assume they are fake.  Although, I have seen some definite fakes.  But I agree, there are some good fakes out there. 

I guess for me comes down to, do I love the bags for the bag?  Or do i love what others assume about me because of my bag?  For me, I just love the bags.  So to carry a fake would make me feel fake...

LV is also switching to micro-chips instead of date stamps.  So I wonder if that makes making fakes easier?  I don't worry too much about it.  If you buy from the source, it is real.  

Trusted Contributor

@Jk9 

ahhh the Alma multicolor in black.  Love that one!!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pretty much every luxury handbag brand has gone up in the last couple of years. Some have more than doubled. It used to be expesive to buy these bags, but within reach. Now they are off the charts costly. Enjoy your bag! 

Esteemed Contributor

all commodities are being influenced by recent  supply and demand issues caused by transportation / shipping problems , worker shortages, and  parts shortages. I do agree with another poster that some companies may increase their prices now , just because they can do so.  In all , us consumers loose out by having to pay more  or just not buy items  that are priced out of our range.

Trusted Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

It seemed right  after i got mine the fakes were out in droves. it made me so mad. Even though you can teall a fake if you see it up close I wanted to shout " I paid a lot for this!!!! " Fakes are tacky. I watched a show on NatGeo about what the airports confiscate every day. They had cases of fake LV, Coach, Kylie makeup, Rolex ... from China. They get cases of fake sports jerseys during certain times of year. You name it, it comes in. You are right it is funding crime. Micro chipping sounds like a good idea. Enjoy your bag!