Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a straw handbag

@Theresa1121   Kate Spade has 30% off on Sale handbags.  They did have a few straw bags for sale.  5/26/19

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Loft has a round straw crossbody bag. 

Respected Contributor

@travelin grandma wrote:

Yes, it is.  I love it.

I was just looking at that one.  It is cute but I'm afraid that it's 'tall' enough that it will require digging to find what I want to get out.

I like east-west bags because I find they are easier to get what I'm looking for out of them.   

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the Talbot bag but too small. Love Brighton but not wanting to spend that much for a summer only bag. I may go to TJ Max this morning. 

I did see a few on Macys.com but to substantiate my spending habits I must LOVE something a lot that I don't really need, before I spend the money. lol

Honored Contributor

Something to keep in mind when shopping for a straw bag:

Go over the bag closely to check that there are no rough pieces / edges. 

I had a great looking straw bag until the first time I carried it while wearing a knit top.  Both the top and the bag ended up in the trash. 

There was a rough corner on the bag that just about shredded the top.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link.

New Contributor

Hey, I just bought a new straw bag myself. I think this summer they're going to the wardrobe staple must have. I picked mine up locally but Black Book Fashion for example have some  great examples. 

New Contributor

Hey, 

I'm in love with the straw bags myself. They're proving to be the staple of the summer wardrobe. I picked mine up from Black Book Fashion, they've got loads of options 

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

You could try Brighton.

Another suggestion for Brighton.  They have a variety of quality straw bags trimmed in leather.

Valued Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

You could try Brighton.

Another suggestion for Brighton.  They have a variety of quality straw bags trimmed in leather.

@haddon9 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

You could try Brighton.

There are some nice ones from Brighton but pricey! Many on Poshmark at good prices but I decided to wait a bit before ordering online. Going to the beach for a week and will be my mission to look for one and if not will look around online.

Thank you for all of the suggestions!