Valued Contributor

I am in the mood for a new handbag and would like one in straw for the summer. I had one from Coach a while back but handles split, repair or replacement not available so I was given a refund. I loved that bag.

Need something medium sized for everyday and did see the Patricia Nash bags which are not my thing and nothing else really out there. I see lots of larger tote style straw bags but to me they are more for beach bags.

Any suggestions on where to find this?

Tia

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for a straw handbag

You could try Brighton.

Respected Contributor

I just bought one at Talbots with a 40% off coupon. It’s adorable.   It has a drawstring striped lining in it. It’s easy to close and a med handbag size. Perfect for me. 

Trusted Contributor

Try Goodwill.

Tons of straw purses.

Got a D&B smaller straw purse for $6.99.

Regular Contributor

I just bought one at Talbots.  Not sure how to load a photo here, but it's the "real" wicker with a white leather flap.  And large enough to hold a lot.  Exactly what I was looking for.

Respected Contributor

@travelin grandma, is it this one? Very pretty!

Wicker & Leather Shoulder Bag

Regular Contributor

Yes, it is.  I love it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Shouldn't be hard to find one, they're everywhere in pretty much any size, shape or color. I've seen various choices at Macy's, other major department stores, smaller stores and at TJ Maxx...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I've had a difficult time finding a straw handbag too.  I want to replace one that I love, but don't want a hard, structured one.  I'll keep looking. 

Valued Contributor

TJMaxx had many straw handbags,last week when I was there on Friday. Macy's is having a nice sale on handbags. It your TJMaxx near you, don't have any check their online site.