Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for Travel Purse suggestions

[ Edited ]

@On It wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

Looks like it's time to retire the old travel purse.  The back side is even worse.  I really liked it since it was just big enough for the essentals with 3 inside sections plus some zippered pockets on front and one on back, but it was small enought to pack inside my small carry-on since it was too small for my computer.  That way I could carry my computer in one bag and my carry-on and fit within the guidelines (even though all three bags could fit underneath my seat).  Plus, it only cost me $16.

Travel Bag.jpg

Travelon makes functional, RFID bags with straps that resist being cut. The QVC search bar should bring them up. Some are similar in style to this bag.

@On It @Icegoddess  I took a Travelon bag on a 2 week Mediterranean cruise and it was great! It had many security features that were very useful to tourists. That was in 2012 and they only made those bags in black then (to avoid calling attention to the tourist). They've added a greater variety of colors now, as well as the RFID protection. I still have my Travelon bag and use it whenever I think I'll be in crowded situations where I may be susceptible to pickpockets. 

Respected Contributor

AmeriBag Classic Healthy Back Bag tote Microfiber Small (Black)Ameribag makes this "Healthy back pack" which my husband and carry when we travel on the plane.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess 

My vote is for Travelon - you can see several styles at Kohls.  I got my crossbody from Kohls and my reason for this brand is due to the anti-theft features.  No cutting of the strap or people opening up the zippers without your knowledge.  My biggest fear was to have someone steal my phone or passport, or currency, and I felt perfectly safe with the one I used.  Parts of Europe are apparently famous for pick pockets, and these are about as safe as you can get.

Not too expensive, and many, many styles, and are available from several retailers.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

What I don't like about SportSac is too many interiors are black. Which makes things too hard to find.

Honored Contributor

For travel I recommend Baggallini or Kipling.

Super Contributor

I recently purchased a Vera Bradley mini sling bag .Has several compartments. They have a larger one too. I have not used it yet  I got it for our Disney trip in June, I don't like heavey bags.  You might try them. I noticed alot of ladies carrying kind of  bag, They say its comortable (The reason I noticed is because I do demo work at Costco I am 

notice what ladies use.)

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thats no purse for a goddess.  Perhaps you'd like some of the Lug bags?  Lots of organization, lightweight and no peeling. 

@Kachina624 I have looked at Lug in the past and will look at them again; but, the nice thing about this bag is that it fits flat against the body.  The Lugs I remember were a bit bulky with pockets that stick out.  I was actually able to board with the three bags by wearing my cross-body bag under my ski jacket and then pusing it to the back so it wasn't showing since it was so flat.

@Icegoddess 

Baggallilni and Vera Bradley aren't bulky.  I have several crossbodies and they are flat and fit against the body.  

There's a lot of travel handbags out there to appease every lady.  

Frequent Contributor

I also use and love the Travelon bags. I purchase them on amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

Great suggestions on here.  I have several of the brands mentioned, Travelon, Lug, and Vera Bradley.  It depends where I am going to be traveling, which dictates what bag I bring.  I do prefer the ones that have RFID now.

Esteemed Contributor

Another vote for Baggallini.  When you get home they can be washed.