Honored Contributor

Looking for Travel Purse suggestions

Looks like it's time to retire the old travel purse.  The back side is even worse.  I really liked it since it was just big enough for the essentals with 3 inside sections plus some zippered pockets on front and one on back, but it was small enought to pack inside my small carry-on since it was too small for my computer.  That way I could carry my computer in one bag and my carry-on and fit within the guidelines (even though all three bags could fit underneath my seat).  Plus, it only cost me $16.

Travel Bag.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for Travel Purse suggestions

Thats no purse for a goddess.  Perhaps you'd like some of the Lug bags?  Lots of organization, lightweight and no peeling. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Have you looked at LeSportsac?  They have a lot of purses that fit your criteria; rip stop nylon and very light weight plus washable and wear like iron.

Respected Contributor

Baggallini has some great bags and a lot of them have RFID protection. Check out their website because they have some great sales.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Thats no purse for a goddess.  Perhaps you'd like some of the Lug bags?  Lots of organization, lightweight and no peeling. 

@Kachina624 I have looked at Lug in the past and will look at them again; but, the nice thing about this bag is that it fits flat against the body.  The Lugs I remember were a bit bulky with pockets that stick out.  I was actually able to board with the three bags by wearing my cross-body bag under my ski jacket and then pusing it to the back so it wasn't showing since it was so flat.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @patbz @VenturaHighway.  I'm writing these down and will look into them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess :  I buy more LeSportsac than I should and usually 2nd hand from EBay ( wash them upon receipt and they are like new).

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess 

There is a pretty good catalog (online too, of course) of various items to make life easier while travelling.  It is "Magellan's."  Have you ever seen it?  I'm sure they have a good selections of travel purses.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@Icegoddess 

There is a pretty good catalog (online too, of course) of various items to make life easier while travelling.  It is "Magellan's."  Have you ever seen it?  I'm sure they have a good selections of travel purses.

@maximillian no, don't think so, I'll check it out.

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Looks like it's time to retire the old travel purse.  The back side is even worse.  I really liked it since it was just big enough for the essentals with 3 inside sections plus some zippered pockets on front and one on back, but it was small enought to pack inside my small carry-on since it was too small for my computer.  That way I could carry my computer in one bag and my carry-on and fit within the guidelines (even though all three bags could fit underneath my seat).  Plus, it only cost me $16.

Travel Bag.jpg

Travelon makes functional, RFID bags with straps that resist being cut. The QVC search bar should bring them up. Some are similar in style to this bag.