Esteemed Contributor

Re: Looking for Travel Purse suggestions

Another vote for LUG bags.  I have taken their backpack all over the world, with heavy stuff in it, and it has worked out great.  I also use their cross body bags when traveling.  They have many different sizes, so I would try one of those.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I don't do a lot of traveling any more, but I've always relied on my Vera Bradley totes whenever I go anywhere. I especially like the Vera tote and small Vera tote (not really small at all). Plenty of room to carry most anything on board with a lot of pockets and zipper top, and light weight enough to carry as a shoulder bag when I get to my destination.

Respected Contributor

I don't have leather purses any longer.  My travel bags are either Kipling or Rick Steves. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a favorite Pacsafe bag in red. 

Valued Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

I don't have leather purses any longer.  My travel bags are either Kipling or Rick Steves. 

I find a lot of Kipling handbags and backpacks at Burlington, TJMAXX and Ross. Found a newer style/material one recently that I love. 

I do have Travelon for travel because of witnessing someone get a crossbody cut off their body in an airport. They can be found occasionally at the previously named stores as well. Baggalini is always there. 

Contributor

I prefer a backpack purse now ... hands free and I won't leave it anywhere by accident.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because the image contains link to another retailer

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sort of like this one from Samantha Brown, a vendor on HSN. It has a place for everything. Suggest going to HSN and watching the video. It is, however, a lot of bag and is as much a carry-on as a purse...

Samantha Brown Croco-Embossed Dowel Bag 655-512...

Samantha Brown Croco-Embossed Dowel Bag

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

No suggestion .... 

I use an oversized messenger bag that I bought at Old Navy many years ago.  It's a sturdy nylon fabric and empty weighs practically nothing.   

Folds flat when not in use.

Contributor

I have a Travelon backpack that I use for travel.  It is the one with quilted looking front pocket.  It has security zipper locks and I chose it for the more purse look instead of most backpack looks.  I like the hands free option without having to worry about pickpockets and it does have slash free panels and straps.  I purchased two more after I traveled with mine, one for daughter and daughter in law. I have crossbows bags too but continually go back to my backpack.  Hope this helps.