Respected Contributor

Looking for Feedback on Anuschka Handbags

[ Edited ]

I've never owned a painted handbag before and I've never really cared for them, but the Anuschka TTV on Evine has really caught my eye and I'm thinking of ordering it. I have my eye on the Caribbean Dream pattern.

I was wondering about the quality of the brand. Are they well made? Are their bags heavy like a Dooney? Is their leather soft or stiff? Do I need to worry about the colors of the bag fading or rubbing off on my clothing?

Any help you can give would be much appreciated!!

Super Contributor

Re: Looking for Feedback on Anuschka Handbags

Hi. I have at least 12 of them. Many for over five years. None of the colors have faded or rubbed off. I find the animal ones, except for some of the birds are a little cartoonish, but love the florals and and some of the other colorful patterns. I like the one you have your eye on.  

The leather is soft and supple, not at all heavy.  Very good quality leather. You can get some good deals on TTv and clearance. I find them addictive, you can't have only one, is my only critique! HTH! Susi.

Honored Contributor

I have several Anuschka bags but have never carried one.  When I select a bag from my inventory, I always find one I like better.  There's nothing wrong with the Anuschka quality; nice soft leather, not heavy, well constructed.  It's the paint job that gets me.  I find them to be very cartoonish and lacking in balanced design elements.  The paint is much brighter in person and often iridescent.  They could be attractive but I don't care for the way they're done.   I doubt I'll ever carry one. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I own quite a few. Overall, I've been pleased with the quality. Compliments follow me when I carry one. Im selective in the style and pattern I choose preferring mire subltle looks. I did order the TTV. 😀

Frequent Contributor

After watching many Anuschka presentations and looking at the bags online, I finally gave in and ordered. I ordered item 713-244 in Animal Butterfly. This is my very first purchase from Evine. I hope I'm not disappointed. 

Respected Contributor

I have several also and I don't think you will be sorry.  I get lots of compliments on mine.  They are very supple and colorful.  Love them.  I also carry Dooney and Brahmin and Vera, so I have a good variety.  Anuschuka are just whimsical.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your opinions and comments!

I love anything beachy/nautical so this bag was really calling my name. I did order it and I can't wait to receive it.

Again, thanks for your comments.

Trusted Contributor

@lmt: I really like that Caribbean Dream pattern. And it's different from anything they've ever done. I thought the braiding on the handles added to that beachy, "nautical" look. Very pretty.

Honored Contributor

I have one purse, a checkbook cover, and a coin purse.  The purse is in the Floral Paradise print (colorful butterflies on a white background, not busy with a lot of extra "stuff").  I liked the manufacturing story and thought I wanted a purse so, to me this was a safe purchase for a spring and summer purse.  I used it all spring and summer last year but haven't taken it out once this year.  The accessory pieces are in patterns I don't know the names of.  They're fine, but my opinion of the purses has changed.  I mean, many of them are downright ugly.  I highly doubt I'll buy another.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I have several Anuschka bags but have never carried one.  When I select a bag from my inventory, I always find one I like better.  There's nothing wrong with the Anuschka quality; nice soft leather, not heavy, well constructed.  It's the paint job that gets me.  I find them to be very cartoonish and lacking in balanced design elements.  The paint is much brighter in person and often iridescent.  They could be attractive but I don't care for the way they're done.   I doubt I'll ever carry one. 

@Kachina624 That's quite an investment, not to use them.  Why didn't you send them back?