Honored Contributor

I carry a "purse on a string" type wallet similar to this that I bought on HSN about a year ago. I find the pouch on the side of mine holds the 2 straps easily while it is in my purse being used as a wallet but when I want to take it out to shop and wear it crossbody I can fit a pack of kleenex and my phone in that pocket easily, with room to spare.It is very convenient. I love the look of the floral one that Lodis is presenting today but , honestly, I can't justify the purchase when the one I already own is still just like brand new - however , I recommend trying one of these if you can justify a new wallet. I'm so glad I bought one.

Trusted Contributor

I've also carried cross body purse for 20 years or longer. Not having the hassel of having a big heavy purse hanging on my arm is wonderful. My only draw back on the TSV is no place for coins, otherwise I would buy one of these.

Honored Contributor

yes, they fell short on their design not putting a coin carrier on this.

Trusted Contributor

I got the butterfly. Love the look and the idea. I've found that Lodis is very good quality. Looking forward to receiving.

Respected Contributor

There is a zippered compartment that can hold coins etc on the back.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I carry a "purse on a string" type wallet similar to this that I bought on HSN about a year ago. I find the pouch on the side of mine holds the 2 straps easily while it is in my purse being used as a wallet but when I want to take it out to shop and wear it crossbody I can fit a pack of kleenex and my phone in that pocket easily, with room to spare.It is very convenient. I love the look of the floral one that Lodis is presenting today but , honestly, I can't justify the purchase when the one I already own is still just like brand new - however , I recommend trying one of these if you can justify a new wallet. I'm so glad I bought one.

@151949  Thank you for taking the time to write this.  I am eyeing that floral one.  We will be in Florida all winter and it would be perfect for shopping and going out with my DH.  I am past carrying a large purse.  Beside the weight of a large purse, I just don't need all that stuff anymore.  Once I "put my face on" at home, I figure it is what it is and I never bother to carry all that paraphanalia with me LOL.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs You will find that in Florida in the winter are when all the fairs, art shows and things like Home shows etc occur and you will be spending a lot of time walking around these events. It is great to have everything you need immediately right in your crossbody. The only thing mine will not hold is my inhaler which I leave in my big purse in the car and if I need it we have to hightail it back to the car.Sometimes I will put it in my pocket if I have one or ask DH to put it in his pocket.

Honored Contributor

This just wouldn't work for me. While I don't need to carry everything all the time, I tend to need to carry more than this would handle. If I need to have a larger purse tucked away nearby while carrying this wallet on a string, then really, for me, it would be pointless. I can see carrying a smaller bag when out running around, but not one so small that it doesn't hold my essentials.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@151949  Thank you for taking the time to write this.  I am eyeing that floral one.  We will be in Florida all winter and it would be perfect for shopping and going out with my DH.  I am past carrying a large purse.  Beside the weight of a large purse, I just don't need all that stuff anymore.  Once I "put my face on" at home, I figure it is what it is and I never bother to carry all that paraphanalia with me LOL.

@tends2dogs@151949

I ordered the floral - was awake at midnight and went for itWoman Very Happy.

Though I love the looks of a big bag, I tend to run with the hands'free bags.  I find them much more convenient when grocery shopping and a necessity when going out with my furbaby.  Now, it's a rarity for me to use a large bag - I even take my cross-body to church.  There's a store, Treasures, nearby and they take in all kinds of donations from furniture, clothing to books and resell these items to fund a Christian school serving various communities.  So this spring I donated all but three big bags (Gili, Dooney, etc.).  Thought I might regret this, but haven't.  It was a win-win-win:  the school made out, whomever purchased a bag got a great buy, and, I feel free - no longer feeling I should use the big bags 'just because' when the little bags are so much more convenient!

So, think this tsv is a good buy, good quality and soooo freeing! (Once you switch, you won't go backWoman LOL!)

Honored Contributor

I need a pouch for work because I carry things I need to go from place to place during the day.  I take my GILI pouch (nice tassel but no handle) out of my handbag, and use that all day at work.   My handbag is used to hold my GILI pouch, plus all the other things like my iPad, hand lotions, sunglasses, etc.  

For shopping, I use a pouch with a handle or crossbody strap so I can shop hands free yet keep my purse with me at all times.  I have a couple already but none have RFID, and now that my cards have that chip, I guess I should get on board.  I never carry my entire handbag when I shop.  This TSV is perfect for me.