Honored Contributor

Re: List features of handbags that would keep you from purchasing it.

@songbird wrote:

Seems almost universal on this thread that handles are a no no.  I used to think I was the only one that hated them.  i wear only crossbody not because I like them.  It's because they are more secure.

i like having handles and i like having a strap. i am definitely all about versatility.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wont buy bags that..

*are too big and too heavy (prefer small to medium size)

*have short handles (I prefer hands free)

*have 2 shoulder straps where one strap always falls down which is really annoying (one adjustable strap is perfect for me) 

*have logo fabric (no free ads from me) 

*have only a magnetic closure (prefer a zip or flap to keep stuff from falling out) 

Respected Contributor

@Catty2 wrote:

The price, i.e. Dooney and Bourke.  

Especially D & B's pricing and not the good quality that they once manufactured.  

Respected Contributor

Nothing, I love all of them.  When going to the store, I use a small crossbody with with my debit card, which I can clean after using. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't have a specific list of must have or not have's 😊

I know immediately, if I like a bag, or not(I like way too many)! If a bag passes, my first look test, I strongly prefer leather, but, I have bags in both coated canvas, and nylon, that I really like. 

Too heavy, is a deal breaker, and I'm unlikely, to buy a specific use, (ex. Evening bag). I have bought gym bags, beach bags,specialty Summer bags, but, I won't spend a lot of money on them. No Hermès Birkin, for the beach for this woman🙃🤣!

Right now, I've got too many bags, that I rarely carry, to be shopping, but, I've got a really lovely wish list 😉

Honored Contributor

Exposed zippers, buckles, loose lining, obvious brand insignia, fringe or anything else hanging on it. Short handle or strap.

If there is anything on the bag that could possibly catch on my clothes - I would not buy.