Super Contributor

Leather protection spray for Coach and other All Leather bags

I  purchased a Coach handbag and now I'm thinking spraying the handbag with a waterproofing protection spray. I recently purchased suede boots and was going  to get some spray for those and I thought it might be a good idea to spray the purse?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Leather protection spray for Coach and other All Leather bags

@LillyBee2   Coach has their own cleaner and moisturizer set.  Amazon carries it for instance.  

Product Info:

We recommend that you use only Coach Leather Moisturizer and Cleaner on your Coach leather products. Other moisturizers and cleaners may alter the sheen or color of our leathers, and may harm them over time.

Coach Leather Handbag Moisturizer & Cleaner Set

Honored Contributor

I think of those waterproofing sprays as being more for men's hunting and work boots.  I wouldn't use it on the fine leather of a handbag.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would be worried it would rub off on my clothes.  Don’t think I ever had a handbag I treated and I live in a climate with four seasons.  When it gets really wet, out come the non leather bags (canvass, nylon).  LM

Honored Contributor

@LillyBee2 wrote:

I  purchased a Coach handbag and now I'm thinking spraying the handbag with a waterproofing protection spray. I recently purchased suede boots and was going  to get some spray for those and I thought it might be a good idea to spray the purse?

I don't think you need it for the coach leathers just their cleaning products if you are concerned

Honored Contributor

Leather is very durable & forgiving.

Don't spray your bag

If it gets wet, dry it as soon as convenient.

Even spills will not stain.

But you do have to clean & condition the bag every now & then.

This advice from someone who wore tall leather riding boots for years in all kinds of weather.