Respected Contributor

Learned A Forum Rule This AM

I posted last night.  I did not include a message.  I figured that it was not needed.  I just wondered if anyone else saw what i did.  (and they did).  Went to bed.  This AM i see that the thread was locked, moved etc because there was no message.  Learned something.

Honored Contributor

Re: Learned A Forum Rule This AM

I don't remember what you did but that thread went off the rails. And restarting or discussing it will also get poofed.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No, the OP is talking about posting with just the subject: Anyone Watching Patricia Nash Handbags? And having no message in the body. This got locked for not having a message in the body (the lesson referred to). 

I guess there were two OTHER incendiary posts and a mod challenged post  around the same time (darn it I missed it) that had nothing to do with OPS message-less post. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LizzieInSRQYes!  No intention of reposting etc.  When i went to bed everything was fine, and i knew i wasn't imagining...But i did not know that i should have put something in the message.  I know that now.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shawnie  Having read and participated in the thread, I don't think the citation was by any means the sole reason for its having been poofed.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

How in the world did a thread about watching a handbag show get nasty?  It must have been a grumpy day on the boards.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

How in the world did a thread about watching a handbag show get nasty?  It must have been a grumpy day on the boards.

@faeriemoon, you must be new here. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon, you must be new here. :-)

@suzyQ3 Ha!!  After I wrote that I regretted the error of my comments.  Of course a benign thread could go bad!!  It never fails.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  As an FYI, I don't think the thread ever got nasty. When I left off I suspected the thread would be gone because a number of posters were positing that the vendor in question was looped on the air. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon  As an FYI, I don't think the thread ever got nasty. When I left off I suspected the thread would be gone because a number of posters were positing that the vendor in question was looped on the air. 

@stevieb   Ah...  Thank you.  That explains it.  Generally we don't get into too much trouble on the handbag forum so I was kind of surprised that something got poofed.