Honored Contributor

Re: Lack of stylish handbags....

I was going through the new arrival yesterday, and came upon several new Stone Mountain bags.  I thought they were gone.  Look them up if interested.  QVC has thousands of products that are never aired.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

ITA. I used to like watching the D&B presentations even though I never bought one. But they all look the same now, and they do seem smaller. They need some new brands.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

I agree... the variety is gone and what is left has no appeal for me.....  I have been searching for a new handbag and just found a great bargain at Marshall’s.....Vince  Camuto...beautiful soft beige leather shoulder bag.  The retail price was $249.00.  I paid $79.00 !  I scooped it up in a flash.  As you know...Marshall’s merchandise sells fast.  It has become my go to store.    

Marshall's has great prices on handbags.  Dooney & Burke, Radley, Patricia Nash and many more brand names that sell for half the prices of the Q.  Enjoy your new bag @Mombo1 

Esteemed Contributor

I agree! I was never a fan of D&B but that's just my tastes. I don't want a large supply of handbags. I like to have one per season Two for dress. (1 black and 1 gold) and a few for the bad weather. (coated canvas or something weather reisistent or leather on slae).

I found the Clever Carraige Line on HSN and love their bags. They are hand made, have a good quality of leather and are unique. I usually wait until they go on sale and have flex pay so I can afford one. I'm really pleased with them and they look new for years and years. I get so many compliments on them because they are different than most bags.

I like them for me. 

Respected Contributor

I'm waiting for my next trip to Italy to buy another bag!  

Italian leather, made in Italy not China, and less expensive than D &B.  

Honored Contributor

I miss Oryany too.  They are/were well made and pretty fashionable.  Fortunately I have quite a supply of them to choose from in my closet.  I picked up quite a few of them on clearance when it became apparent they weren't coming back.  Also got a couple NWT on the bay.

Super Contributor

D & B does nothing for me...like others have said, they all pretty much look the same now and the shows are boring.  Plus QVC’s shipping...yikes!  Aimee Kestenberg’s line looks interesting but have never purchased from her...bags look to me to be heavy and bulky.  Radley London isn’t my style but at least they are something different and their shows seem to have a bit more variety, at least the ones I have watched.

To be fair, it isn’t just QVC lacking...I am a Coach lover. I own a lot...and I am just about over them as the line is getting stale...especially at the outlets. Sales aren’t as good as they used to be and maybe its just the outlet near me that isn’t so great anymore but there isn’t as much selection from the full price stores as there used to be.  Vera Bradley outlet also isn’t as great as it used to be.  Again, this is at the outlets near me, the whole mall is declining and kinda depressing but I have visited outlets in other places that are better stocked and more appealing.

My new love is MZ Wallace...love this line.  Colorful, stylish and many different styles and shapes, pricey but worth it.  Just bought my second bag from them.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.