Trusted Contributor

Lack of stylish handbags....

Now that OrYany is gone from the Q, there are no brands of handbags that interest me here at all.   Dooney - same old boring, too small handbags.  Patricia Nash - not appealing to me.   The designer from Australia (can't think right now) - her handbags had such promise at the beginning, but they all look the same to me now.  Macy's has cut the size of their handbag department drastically, so there's no place to look.  I'm saving a lot of money though. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Lack of stylish handbags....

I don't need any more handbags for sure.  I noticed that QVC2 had a couple of Dooney and Bourke shows this weekend.  Almost everything was the itsy bitsy teeny weenie crossbody bag or patent leather.  Patricia Nash had her QVC debut last night but I didn't see anything that appealed to me.  Yep, I'm saving lots of money.

Trusted Contributor

I agree... the variety is gone and what is left has no appeal for me.....  I have been searching for a new handbag and just found a great bargain at Marshall’s.....Vince  Camuto...beautiful soft beige leather shoulder bag.  The retail price was $249.00.  I paid $79.00 !  I scooped it up in a flash.  As you know...Marshall’s merchandise sells fast.  It has become my go to store.    

Contributor

I agree, I need bags that are stylish, but can also hold a laptop. As a working woman, there is still a lot to carry around every day. But I don’t want a backpack or a computer looking bag, I want stylish, fun colors and durable and easy to carry when fully loaded.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Off to the mall.  There are other places to shop.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Off to the mall.  There are other places to shop.

@Kachina624   @misschristy 

ITA  ... QVC is merely one source for fashion.   It could never be all things to all women.

Honored Contributor

@misschristy wrote:

Now that OrYany is gone from the Q, there are no brands of handbags that interest me here at all.   Dooney - same old boring, too small handbags.  Patricia Nash - not appealing to me.   The designer from Australia (can't think right now) - her handbags had such promise at the beginning, but they all look the same to me now.  Macy's has cut the size of their handbag department drastically, so there's no place to look.  I'm saving a lot of money though. 

@misschristy I agree about Macy's.  They have really cut back on the department.  Just a small handful of name brands now.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

@misschristy  - was thinking the very same thing.  I am not a fan of Dooney - they all look the same to me and I can't believe how much they cost, even the little small crossbody bags are $250 & up.  No way I'm paying that much for a wallet - LOL!!!  I'm a plus-sized girl and it seems handbags are getting smaller and smaller and they are all crossbody.  I don't want to wear my handbag crossbody when I'm going to work everyday.  To me wearing your bag crossbody is when you are out walking around like in a museum, aquarium, botanical gardens, etc. but not in everyday lifestyle (again that is my opinion).  I miss more moderate-priced handbags like Tignello, Maxx New York, and even Bruce Makowsky in the beginning!  Not impressed with QVCs offerings any more.  They used to be spot on in the handbag category not so much anymore.

Honored Contributor

I feel the same way and don't really care for Dooney's.  Yes they are well made but they are way too stiff for an everyday bag!  I like a soft and light weight bag with good organization and outside pockets (many Dooney's don't have them)

I like Brighton and I also like MZ Wallace bags.

Honored Contributor

Bag selection on all the home shopping channels has always been somewhat limited to just a few brands, so that if one wasn't a fan of the 'look' common to those brands, and lmited their shopping to one of the TV outfits, well, there wasn't much to choose from. It remains that way and probably isn't going to change, given the home TV based shopping model hasn't evolved in years... That said, I'm not seeing much out and about either that really catches my eye. Even accepting that there are only so many silhouettes handbag desginers can reasonably come up with, I'm finding handbags rather bland pretty much everywhere... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...