Honored Contributor

@ladyk48 wrote:

Hi Ladies, been wanting a LV for many years.  i have heard horror stories about their return policies. Has anyone had any issues with their return polices and the quality of the bags?  TIA 

@ladyk48 I’ve experienced wonderful CS. I sent a bag back because the zipper kept getting stuck. They replaced the zipper and returned the bag ASAP. Of course, I had purchased it from a LV store. Bags purchased from suspect sites may not receive great CS. I have also returned a bag to Saks...not used yet, tags still attached because I realized after taking measurements & comparing to other similar bags, it would not hold as much stuff because of its shape. No questions asked.  

Honored Contributor

@Jannyg wrote:

Shaun's:  I agree.  If I'm spending that kind f $$$ on a purse, I want the total LV store experience.  But their website is a good alternative if you're not near a store.   I don't. Is about Dillard's but some retailers (Steinmart) are seeking used designer bags.  There's a fun website for those of us with a bag addiction. Bag, Borrow and Steal sells used designer bags.  You can also rent designer bags.  So far, I've avoided renting but have made a couple of purchases of items listed as pristine. But like everything, be careful. I've noticed some of their prices are pretty close to regular price and not a great deal

@Jannyg  Some sites have counterfeit LV and other designer bags. If the site is selling a $2500 bag new for $750, beware. I’d rather not have a pre-owned bag. I’d wait until I could afford a new one to break in myself. I won’t wear pre-owned clothing or shoes, either. I’d just rather have new or not at all...even if I have less.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

The real thing is Never on sale.

These bags are what I would call investment pieces, in that they last forever, look great with a little care, are always in style, and always classic.

I have 2, Love them, don’t need any more, but SO glad I purchased these.

@Drythe  They can also be sent back to have the leather reconditioned for the lifetime of the bag. I sent a 20 yr. old camera style bag because the handle was wearing thin. For a reasonable price, they replaced the strap. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 And I don't... (buy their products) and while price is, of course, a consideration, there are other things that influence me. For one, given their cost, I don't want to see them coming and going... and let's face it, they've become very commonplace... There are a ton of places to buy them around here, were I interested... I do admire some of the bags, but they're just not for me at this point in time...

@stevieb  I agree; they seem to be everywhere whether real or fake. (I wouldn't ever even consider a fake.)  I would be most interested in a coated cotton -- the damier, not the signature-- because I have a growing appreciation for lighter weight bags.  

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 And I don't... (buy their products) and while price is, of course, a consideration, there are other things that influence me. For one, given their cost, I don't want to see them coming and going... and let's face it, they've become very commonplace... There are a ton of places to buy them around here, were I interested... I do admire some of the bags, but they're just not for me at this point in time...

@stevieb  I agree; they seem to be everywhere whether real or fake. (I wouldn't ever even consider a fake.)  I would be most interested in a coated cotton -- the damier, not the signature-- because I have a growing appreciation for lighter weight bags.  

@faeriemoon They really are... I see them every day and everywhere, carried by seemingly everybody... I too have come to appreciate the Damier pattern, particularly in azur... And you know, given the prices for bags that are becoming downright common, I think I might even consider a good  fake...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Q4u

I purchased mine from one of those high end leased counters from LV employees.  Afterwards I sent them to LV NA in NY to be checked and authenticated.  

@Received a letter of verification with registration # on it from them.  Just wanted to be double SURE!  I have been told that some knock-offs are so well done that even the employees in their stores can’t spot them, well... that worried me enough to take an extra precaution.  This was @20 years ago.

This is absolutely true!  And today the really exeptional counterfeits have already made it successfully into the legitimate resale market being sold over and over as real,  Yes there are some LV employees who might not recognize an exceptional fake... always ask to speak to a Manager, most are more than happy to talk to (and educate) their customers. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Just FYI, selling a fake/counterfeit is a Federal crime.   And a seller can't claim "not knowing" as a defense.  It's Federal Law.  A seller MUST know its authentic prior to selling it.   So if you buy a fake thinking it's real.... take them to court!  

But there are SO many fakes and SO many sellers selling them (even GOODWILL)!  that it's difficult to get the police to take action.... and its a shame because there are so many people out there that have been seriously scammed ....   Woman Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

The real thing is Never on sale.

These bags are what I would call investment pieces, in that they last forever, look great with a little care, are always in style, and always classic.

I have 2, Love them, don’t need any more, but SO glad I purchased these.

@Drythe  They can also be sent back to have the leather reconditioned for the lifetime of the bag. I sent a 20 yr. old camera style bag because the handle was wearing thin. For a reasonable price, they replaced the strap. 

@Shanus

TY.  Mine have been carried lots, but they still look great.  Just that well loved look I love.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Were I paying full price for  LV bag, it would have to come from a LV store or boutique. Were I paying significantly less than I know the bags sell for, I'd just assume it's a replica... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

A poster mentioned awhile ago that Dillard’s was selling LV bags. If you call LV CS, they are not a liscened dealer of LV. They try to keep a pretty close watch on the few approved stores who sell them. 

@Shanus  They are pre-loved bags.  They are authentic.  Just like some of the on-line shops that sell pre-loved authentic bags ---