Honored Contributor

LV has a policy of NEVER putting their bags on sale. In fact, l've read that they destroy bags that haven't sold-- a practice that l find offensive.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

LV has a policy of NEVER putting their bags on sale. In fact, l've read that they destroy bags that haven't sold-- a practice that l find offensive.

I do too @handygal2... but I guess we don't get a say... Smiley Frustrated

Bloomingdales also has LV boutiques in some of their stores.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

I do too @handygal2... but I guess we don't get a say... Smiley Frustrated

Bloomingdales also has LV boutiques in some of their stores.

@stevieb: Macy's, too... The only say we have is to not buy their products. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 And I don't... (buy their products) and while price is, of course, a consideration, there are other things that influence me. For one, given their cost, I don't want to see them coming and going... and let's face it, they've become very commonplace... There are a ton of places to buy them around here, were I interested... I do admire some of the bags, but they're just not for me at this point in time...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@handygal2 And I don't... (buy their products) and while price is, of course, a consideration, there are other things that influence me. For one, given their cost, I don't want to see them coming and going... and let's face it, they've become very commonplace... There are a ton of places to buy them around here, were I interested... I do admire some of the bags, but they're just not for me at this point in time...

@stevieb: I agree. With an expensive bag, l don't want to see myself coming and going. I'd rather have bags that are interesting and different-- and as a bonus, much less costly. 

Trusted Contributor

@handygal2, I did read the very same thing...if they do not sell, they are destroyed, and the destroyed bag numbers are archived for reference.  That is just ridiculous. 

But I LOVE LV and BURBERRY

Honored Contributor

LV has their own Boutiques that sell their authentic new product and as said, never on sale.  They also sell their authentic, new product at some high end Dept Store counters at Neiman Marcus, Sak, etc. and the counterspace is LEASED and only LV employees sell their product.  So when you go into NM to buy an LV, it is being sold by an LV employee and not a NM employee.

I know you can get some wonderful deals on used LVs from some reputable sellers out there but be VERY careful.  Even those using authentication services (even more than one) have been fooled as the counterfeits are done incredibly well, better than ever.  One style in particular (Neverfuls) are extremely hard to identify and the MOCA Neverful has only ONE error on it and only a handful of people even know about it.....   

Good luck and have fun with your new LV!!  The first one is so exciting~!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u

I purchased mine from one of those high end leased counters from LV employees.  Afterwards I sent them to LV NA in NY to be checked and authenticated.  

Received a letter of verification with registration # on it from them.  Just wanted to be double SURE!  I have been told that some knock-offs are so well done that even the employees in their stores can’t spot them, well... that worried me enough to take an extra precaution.  This was @20 years ago.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Regular Contributor

Hi Skididdy-Thanks for thr tip. Can you name any locations for good copies?

Honored Contributor

If they didn't have knock off I might consider purchasing a pre-owned one at Lord & Taylor.  Since there are knock offs people would think mine was a fake.