Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 29,409
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

@Q4u wrote:

@namealreadytaken wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

A poster mentioned awhile ago that Dillard’s was selling LV bags. If you call LV CS, they are not a liscened dealer of LV. They try to keep a pretty close watch on the few approved stores who sell them. 


@Shanus  They are pre-loved bags.  They are authentic.  Just like some of the on-line shops that sell pre-loved authentic bags --- 


A long time ago COSTCO had a couple of Speedy 25's for sale at a slighly reduced price, only two of them and it was to celebrate a grand opening of a new Costco and it created a huge stir because LV never discounts any of their new products, they never wholesale or distribute their product either... so people were upset.  One, that there were only two items and that they assumed they were counterfeit.

 

What happened was that someone bought the Speedies from LV and paid full price for them, THEN they discounted their price for their customers!! Costco took the hit for charging less than they paid.  Only two customers ended up being happy because there were only two of them.... everyone else was furioius they sold out in a half-second!!

 

I don't think Costco will do that again.  Woman Indifferent

 

 


@Q4u  Similar to scalping football tickets?

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,884
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

@Shanus wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@namealreadytaken wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

A poster mentioned awhile ago that Dillard’s was selling LV bags. If you call LV CS, they are not a liscened dealer of LV. They try to keep a pretty close watch on the few approved stores who sell them. 


@Shanus  They are pre-loved bags.  They are authentic.  Just like some of the on-line shops that sell pre-loved authentic bags --- 


A long time ago COSTCO had a couple of Speedy 25's for sale at a slighly reduced price, only two of them and it was to celebrate a grand opening of a new Costco and it created a huge stir because LV never discounts any of their new products, they never wholesale or distribute their product either... so people were upset.  One, that there were only two items and that they assumed they were counterfeit.

 

What happened was that someone bought the Speedies from LV and paid full price for them, THEN they discounted their price for their customers!! Costco took the hit for charging less than they paid.  Only two customers ended up being happy because there were only two of them.... everyone else was furioius they sold out in a half-second!!

 

I don't think Costco will do that again.  Woman Indifferent

 

 


@Q4u  Similar to scalping football tickets?


Interesting!  I never thought of that, but in the years ensuing I haven't caught wind of anything similar!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,253
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

@Shanus wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@namealreadytaken wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

A poster mentioned awhile ago that Dillard’s was selling LV bags. If you call LV CS, they are not a liscened dealer of LV. They try to keep a pretty close watch on the few approved stores who sell them. 


@Shanus  They are pre-loved bags.  They are authentic.  Just like some of the on-line shops that sell pre-loved authentic bags --- 


A long time ago COSTCO had a couple of Speedy 25's for sale at a slighly reduced price, only two of them and it was to celebrate a grand opening of a new Costco and it created a huge stir because LV never discounts any of their new products, they never wholesale or distribute their product either... so people were upset.  One, that there were only two items and that they assumed they were counterfeit.

 

What happened was that someone bought the Speedies from LV and paid full price for them, THEN they discounted their price for their customers!! Costco took the hit for charging less than they paid.  Only two customers ended up being happy because there were only two of them.... everyone else was furioius they sold out in a half-second!!

 

I don't think Costco will do that again.  Woman Indifferent

 

 


@Q4u  Similar to scalping football tickets?


 

Kind of like scalping wrong.  Instead of upping the price, they lowered it.  Moron Scalping.  Woman LOL

~ It helps if you imagine Auto Correct as a tiny little faerie in your phone who's trying so hard to be helpful, but is in fact quite drunk. ~
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 18
Registered: ‎06-28-2012

If you looking to save some money on a used LV you can 100% trust Yoogi’s Closet and Fashionphile. Both are online. Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,884
Registered: ‎03-17-2010

@Trixiesmom1 wrote:

If you looking to save some money on a used LV you can 100% trust Yoogi’s Closet and Fashionphile. Both are online. Smiley Very Happy


While you are absolutely right that they are legitimate and do all they can to make sure the LV is correct, you have to have absolute faith in their authenticators.  I'm afraid that I don't believe that they can get all of them authenticated correctly... as  I mentioned upthread, the fakes are exceptionally good and the MOCA (Mirakami) Neverful alone has only one error and I wonder how many extremely good authenticators do not know this.... Woman Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,198
Registered: ‎08-20-2012
A little LV story. My dear aunt passed away years ago. She never married and could afford what she wanted. Her sister my Aunt had us over to see what we wanted. Her bed was pilled with bags. I picked out three bags. My sister in law went with my brother. After she said to me this is the only way I will ever have aLT bag. I didn’t know who he was. Lesson learned. Now I could buy one but probably never will. Recently bought a VC bag and I love it.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 91
Registered: ‎05-25-2013

Like you I purchased some of my collection over 30 years ago.  I should try to sell I seldom use them.  But not the luggage in case I travel. Are consignment shops good?

Super Contributor
Posts: 412
Registered: ‎10-26-2010

@Twoshop wrote:

Like you I purchased some of my collection over 30 years ago.  I should try to sell I seldom use them.  But not the luggage in case I travel. Are consignment shops good?


Hi @Twoshop - It's been some time since I've posted on this forum, but I had to come back!  If you are interested in selling your designer bags to an online consignment shop, I would recommend trying Yoogi's Closet.  They are based in Seattle, WA and their service (selling or buying) is outstanding.  Upon going on their website, attach pictures, provide a description (they give all the directions) and they will e-mail a quote in 24-48 hours.  If the item is quoted at less than $450, Yoogi's will offer a direct sale.  However, if it is quoted at more than $450, Yoogi's will also offer consignment.  They charge just 30% commission, and they cover credit card as well as PayPal fees.  In addition, they e-mail a pre-paid UPS label to send the items.  According to their website, 80% of their luxury items sell in less than a month.  I can attest to this, as I have sold a few handbags to them; the process from start to finish (payment) was 3 to 4 weeks.  Along with selling, I also purchased a pre-loved LV Galliera PM in Monogram canvas back in 2016.  This bag was made in France in 2008, and in excellent condition; I paid nearly 40% less than retail (photo below).

 

20170927_165942.jpg

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,472
Registered: ‎03-13-2010

Never on sale.  Only buy at store or Lux site.  Soooo many scam bags.  If the price is cheap it’s a fake.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 202
Registered: ‎09-05-2014

The Century 21 in Manhattan across the street from the WTC has "pre-owned" LV's.  Varying condition, not cheap, but cheaper than new.  

 

A pre-owned purse doesn't appeal to me, but this doesn't bother many people and they have cleaned and sanitized them.