Honored Contributor

LV AZUR SIGNATURE PRINT

[ Edited ]

I have my eye on a LV bag in the Damien AZUR print...a blue/grey checked print coated canvas. It's a light neutral and think it'd be perfect for spring/summer. Now that I'm doing smaller bags, I may be able to add to my collection w/o the usual brown signature print (sold many of those).

Does anyone have a bag in this pattern?

Valued Contributor

Yes Shanus, I have a few LV bags in this print.  I thought the dye from my jeans might rub off on it but that didn't happen.  I tend to wear it in the warmer months although I see people wear it year round.  Enjoy if you decide to purchase!

Respected Contributor

I'm going to make some general comments about LV. I have collected and carried LV for decades. I own many premier designer bags but LV just does not seem special to me anymore. 

I'm not sure why. Maybe there are so many fakes or maybe it's just where I am in my life. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Honored Contributor

Re: LV AZUR SIGNATURE PRINT

[ Edited ]

@granddi wrote:

I'm going to make some general comments about LV. I have collected and carried LV for decades. I own many premier designer bags but LV just does not seem special to me anymore. 

I'm not sure why. Maybe there are so many fakes or maybe it's just where I am in my life. 

Real or fake, one does see a lot of them coming and going anymore.That said, I like the Azur print, but in a larger bag. Small bags don't work for me. They don't have to be huge, but a small crossbody, for example, would not be useful for me. I agree with @blueroses47 and see no reason why this question shouldn't be asked on a handbag forum.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
It would be interesting to hear why..?🤔
Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@granddi  I do agree with you on some points. I sold many older LV bags I had collected...all the original brown signature printed canvas. Reasons? Too many women carrying the same bags and didn't seem special, my bags were old enough, that except for one, didn't have a pocket inside for phone (that's pretty old!). I'm not a white or beige leather bag person and have looked for years for a timeless spring/summer bag. A few years ago purchased D&B light grey hobo and although enjoy it, still is not neutral. Somehow, LV bags, no matter shape, size, color seem to be a "go with everything" bag and last forever. Some I sold had been purchased/gifted before I was married 51 yrs. ago. Although I wear mostly black, grey & white year round, my brown LVs looked fine. Yes, they're expensive. I'm almost 72 and closet purging, keeping only the best quality, neutral clothing and accessories. That's when I realized this LV AZUR may just be my other LV bag for warmer weather. I still have 2 of my original signature bags ...a smaller drawstring (about 30 yrs. old, but has been rehabbed & keep a small pouch w/ phone in it and a medium camera shape bag with long shoulder strap...long enough to be crossbody on me. I've whittled down my bag's contents, finally, to fit in a smaller nylon D&B bag, but it's black w/ brown trimmings...not great for NC hot summers and clothing...mostly whites & pale jeans or khakis for me. So, with some of the $ I've received from sale of LVs and lots of clothing, if I find a suitable shape/style, I may just treat myself. We don't live near an LV store & a purchase like that needs to be made up close & personal to see all details and available sizes. McLean, VA is closest to me also maybe Charlotte. Just may take a trip in May and see some museums in DC and check out those stores. I always figure price per wear when making a big purchase. In that case, expensive bags that I wear almost daily for 30-50 yrs. seem justified to me. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I don't think I've ever spent over $100 for a purse....and never will!  But that doesn't stop me from reading about other people's love of more expensive bags.  We all have our passions!