Respected Contributor

I have several LUG items from a few years ago.  I recently got a wallet set and noticed the fabric seemed thinner and not put together as well as my older items.  Anyone else notice this?  Seems like everything goes downhill after they make a big profit.  Vera Bradley is another example.  Quality is terrible compared to the older items.  Too bad...

Honored Contributor

The quality of all my Lug items is very, very good, and I have so many, from luggage to wallets, handbags, totes, water bottle holders, etc. Everything is top notch!

Respected Contributor

I have many Lug products and have never found any problems.  My problem is too many Lug products. 

Respected Contributor

I only carry Lug bags and I know the fabrics have changed since their inception but so far I have not had any problems with the quality or fabrics of my bags. 

Respected Contributor

My bags have been good quality. Of course I haven't bought any lately. Why buy a new bag when I go hardly anywhere these days. 

Respected Contributor

While I totally get your point about quality cheapening as companies succeed. It's common and not smart because they will lose their customer base.  
But I have many different lugs and none seem of lesse quality, thus far!  

Amy, please don't cheapen the quality of Lug products, lol! 🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

Re: LUG quality

[ Edited ]

I have not seen a difference in quality in any of my Lug bags. If I did, I wouldn't have ordered the new TSV in navy last night.

Esteemed Contributor

I have several bags I only use for vacations, so obviously haven't used them in a while.

Anyway, while most are good quality, one has a zipper issue and one has started to fray.

I won't be purchasing anymore of them as the quality absolutely has gone down.

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I have not seen a difference in quality in any of my Lug bags. If I did, I wouldn't have ordered the new TSV in navy last night.

I also ordered the new TSV but in yellow.  I have a Ranger from the last time it was a TSV some time last year I think.

Respected Contributor

The last Lug handbag I purchased I liked, but the fabric the zipper was sewn to was so thin. There's no way that handbag would have lasted but maybe 6 months. I returned it. 

The rest of the bag was good, but the zipper/fabric portion was cheaply constructed.  I won't be buying another because of it.