Contributor
Maybe the video will sway me one way or the other
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

If I were buying I'd get the leopard.  However, I get a real lunch-box vibe, so it's a pass.

I was going to say book bag @faeriemoon but yea, lunch box says it too... Then again, I've yet to see the appeal of this brand... Each to their own...

@stevieb I don't get the appeal either, but I enjoy watching bags even when I don't particularly like them.  Weird.  

For me, the issue with brands like Lug is all the compartments. I just don't like compartments other than the zip on the back wall (which I call my Advil compartment), and a couple of slip pockets.   

Honored Contributor
One appeal of this brand is they are very lightweight yet can hold a lot. In my late 60s with arthritis, I cannot carry heavy bags any more. I also really like the dedicated outside phone pocket with velvet- like lining to protect the phone, the wipe-down-with-wipes factor of the nylon or poly or whatever it is, and the easy adjustability from shoulder to crossbody bag. I also buy Baggalini and Travelon bags made of superior material to LUG but not quite as lightweight.
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

If I were buying I'd get the leopard.  However, I get a real lunch-box vibe, so it's a pass.

I was going to say book bag @faeriemoon but yea, lunch box says it too... Then again, I've yet to see the appeal of this brand... Each to their own...

@stevieb I don't get the appeal either, but I enjoy watching bags even when I don't particularly like them.  Weird.  

For me, the issue with brands like Lug is all the compartments. I just don't like compartments other than the zip on the back wall (which I call my Advil compartment), and a couple of slip pockets.   

@faeriemoon  I don't mind compartments, I mean within reason, but they do often take it to a whole other level. I get it, they combine a luggage vibe with a handbag vibe, but I just don't like the look. I have one Lug tote, bought years ago at Ross's Dress for Less. It cost a fraction of what they charge here and even when I bought it I didn't think it was particularly attractive, but it served a 'carry all' purpose. Maybe that's the appeal, practicality... function over form, because I don't think they're at all attractive. Even when some of the patterns are sort of appealing, to me (and that's all I'm saying....) the bags still look, well, to put it as nicely as I can, run of the mill, at best...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Agree, their appeal is not primarily aesthetic. The primary appeal is extraordinary functionality.  Some of the features are pretty darn clever, like the clear zipper pouch, and the felt-lined cell pocket. For example, the original puddle jumper and it's vertical structure which was perfect for reaching stuff sitting in tight airline seats. Pretty smart, IMO.  
AndI like a lot of compartments !  And for me, #2 is the lightweight aspect- comfort Matters!  I once carried the Dooney crescent tote to NYC for a day trip and I almost threw it away, it was so heavy and uncomfortable... True story. 

Honored Contributor
@Skyegirl21 I agree with your post. At my age in shoes and bags comfort and usefulness is primary, not attractiveness.
Contributor
It seems a lot bigger than the can can tsv a few months ago as it was too small to use but love the wallet!
Honored Contributor

There are 2 colors I like - the red one and the lightly colored floral.  Can't remember its name right now.  The red for days I feel a bit sassy and the light floral one for days I don't.  LOL

Honored Contributor

I have been carrying the Ranger for several months. I like it because it is very lightweight, has wonderful organization, and has a built in wallet. Mine is Amber yelllow. See below. 

I like the black floral, and the red one in this TSV.  The Lug website shows the linings, and these two have adorable ones. 

I am going to watch tonight, and see what they look like then. 

71hU7MMJmQL._AC_UX385_.jpg

Honored Contributor
I like the color of the red one but not the flowers. They aren't really good-looking depictions of flowers, and they are spaced too far apart (too scattered). Just my opinion of course.