Trusted Contributor

Re: LOUIS VOUITTON BAGS TO SELL

@Shanus ,

I would try the RealReal send them a picture and ask for an estimate🌻

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

VOUITTON?  Who is that?

@maximillian   So I type quickly and misspelled...big deal?

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I have collected over 50 yrs. about six asst. LV bags. One is a huge drawstring bag w/ leather bottom that I used as a diaper bag/purse when my kids were 1 and 2...before crossbodies and needed something that served both purposes. 

Anyway, many of these older purses, still in good condition, do not have inner pockets for keys, phone, etc. or are too small to carry all my “stuff”. 

Can anyone suggest an online site where I can sell these bags? I tried local consignment shops, but after their commissions, the prices were too low....like $150!!!

@Shanus , Although I'm a little late for the party, I just saw your post.  If you are still interested in using a consignment shop, I highly recommend Yoogi's Closet which is online.  I have personally done business with them in both buying as well as consigning, and have been very pleased with the results.

As per their website, 80% of handbags sold on consignment sell within 30 days.  And their consignment fee is 30% as opposed to similar businesses with fees of 50%.  So you'll be receiving 70% percent of the sale price.  As a FYI, the handbags that I consigned with Yoogi's did indeed sell within the 30 -day period.

In addition, Yoogi's also provides a prepaid UPS label to send your handbags.  You will also need to send them pictures, but they make the process very easy.

Your LV collection sounds great, and I'm sure you will fetch very good prices on consignment.

Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

The problem with consignment stores is security.

The ones I have used always have you sign that they are  not responsible for theft or any loss of you items. 

Oops! your LV was shoplifted so sorry.

I agree.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I'm not selling at the moment, I have sold purses on eBay and other items off and on since 2003.  I too would not recommend selling on eBay unless you've had experience already.  Selling high end hand bags requires having a bit of a sixth sense regarding whom you're dealing with and understanding your rights as a seller because unfortunately there are those who will try to scam you.  After all the years I've had selling there I had someone try to scam me out of my Louis Vuitton Limited Edition Cerises Speedy 25.... she opened a claim against me and said it was counterfeit.  It wasn't and I had proof, but it continued through the system.  The thing is, without concrete proof, my bag could well have been deemed counterfeit because eBay's system of authenticating is not as good as it should be and therefore the BUYER could have kept it for supposed destruction and NOT mailed it to either eBay or myself!!!  Result:  She would nave had my bag for free and I would have had to refund her payment! This happens more often than you might thinkj!

So I actually won the case, but here's the frustrating part.  She left me a very nasty negative, which eBay would not remove (back in 2013).  I called several times and NO eBay would not remove it because they considered it the buyer's opinion of the sale.  I won the claim and that negative should have been removed!  (it reduced my percentage as a seller from the 100% I worked so hard to achieve to 90-something, which affects how future buyers see you as a seller.

But I am very grateful to have won....

I also agree that the sellers mentioned here regarding on line resellers are good sellers, and I would avoid consignment shops..... JMHO...Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Looks as tho the consigment shops you tried take a high commission. I have not sold on e-bay but have swapped a few handbags with friends in the past. I passed on a few but have not sold any. I have bought a Channel Classic in beige at a consigment shop here in fl. for a great price & excellent condition but selling is difficult to get a good price if their commission is 50%. Some good suggestions here so let us know if you find a site that you trust & can get a good price. Good Luck & Merry Christmas.

Regular Contributor

Bag, Borrow and Steal is a site that sells pre-owned bags.  I have bought from them and been very pleased with the quality.  Have never sold through them