Honored Contributor

Re: Kooba tonight on EVINE........

Kooba makes some great bags, but it's really a shame that Evine seems to phase brands in and out like bathwater...  I loved the Guidi line and went to see what they might have on offer only to find it's virtually gone...  I always found the Prix de Dressage brand appealing, but again, it appears they now carry a limited selection...  I guess change can be a good thing, but it also might be nice if they held onto some of the nicer brands they've carried over the years.  At this point, none of the shopping channels is much of a resource for me as far as handbags go.  Their brands are limited and, unless you catch a deal, their prices are among the highest.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

My Jonnie, from My Habit, is a lovely bag. It is not, however, IMO, a $500 bag. At least, it's not a bag I would pay that price for, and that's close to what Evine was selling it at. 

The leather is gorgeous. Overall, the bag seems very well made. But-while I really like the unique front pouch, it's large and functional; the side zippers can be sticky. Inside, the pockets could definitely be deeper. 

Relatively minor complaints, in a $200 bag. If I'd paid the $498 suggested retail, it would have gone back. (I think😉)

Honored Contributor

@Suhse wrote:

My Jonnie, from My Habit, is a lovely bag. It is not, however, IMO, a $500 bag. At least, it's not a bag I would pay that price for, and that's close to what Evine was selling it at. 

The leather is gorgeous. Overall, the bag seems very well made. But-while I really like the unique front pouch, it's large and functional; the side zippers can be sticky. Inside, the pockets could definitely be deeper. 

Relatively minor complaints, in a $200 bag. If I'd paid the $498 suggested retail, it would have gone back. (I think😉)

Exactly my point.  The shopping channels seem to take full suggested retail to heart. Most of the bags they offer can be had for less elsewhere... and are more likley to show up on sale at other places too.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...