Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

I'm currently lemming on s Spring Red bag marked down. It's sort of a fuchsia wine color that looks more fall than spring to me, but I've only seen it online. One fabric with streaky bits of texture looks more fall, the original is brighter. Not that I need any. 

@StraytoStay- it looks really pretty. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay- based on your post, I just ordered the Kipling Alvar in the Spring Red color. What a pretty color and texture. And the Alvar is what I use. 

I couldn't pass up the sale price and the free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

I imagine that making a furry monkey with a tail, to took like their logo, would be too labor-intensive. So they just leave off the tail, and call it an ape, lol.

IMG_4077.JPG

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

I'm currently lemming on s Spring Red bag marked down. It's sort of a fuchsia wine color that looks more fall than spring to me, but I've only seen it online. One fabric with streaky bits of texture looks more fall, the original is brighter. Not that I need any. 

@StraytoStay- it looks really pretty. 

@gidgetghthanks! I ended up ordering the spring red, too (have an orange already) since it was marked down and 20%off plus free shipping. I see it's free until the month at Kipling.com. Kipling has a few "vintage" editions out & want to get one of those whenever they go on sale in the future. They are in black, grey blue, true blue, very berry, and red. I like the last two. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay- you know what Kipling does on their site that I really like?  If they have limited quantity of an item, they tell you. 

I was was just looking at the Alvar's again and, in the citrus orange, they said there were only 6 left in stock. I think that's a great thing to do. So that if a customer is looking at it and is on the fence, that might get them off the fence. I know Amazon does that also. QVC should try it. I think it's a good marketing tool. 

Trusted Contributor

I think I may order the red vintage, too since colors sell out (in case I don't get back and check- thanks for the quantity tip @gidgetgh ) and it's 20%off & free shipping, but then I'm done bag shopping for a looong time. Smiley Wink I regret putting my first Kipling in the donation box & don't want to miss out.

Trusted Contributor

I noticed Qvc added new colors, not pictured yet, in the Alvar bag. I remember seeing the Rich Rust at Kipling on a mini bag & back pack & it was pretty. I wonder when they'll be on air? Maybe the TSV did well. Many years ago Kipling was at the Q and think it only got a couple shows and was gone.

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay- my spring red Alvar just got here. Thanks so much for posting about it. The color is gorgeous!  I'm so glad I ordered it. 

Trusted Contributor

Wow, that's fast! I think mine is due Friday, but will check to be sure. I'm curious how the color looks in real life because I've bought two online that looked different even after checking various images in Google. I don't own a color like it so am looking forward to it. Glad you like your bag @gidgetgh

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

Wow, that's fast! I think mine is due Friday, but will check to be sure. I'm curious how the color looks in real life because I've bought two online that looked different even after checking various images in Google. I don't own a color like it so am looking forward to it. Glad you like your bag @gidgetgh

@StraytoStay- I'm going to order another one for a gift.