Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  It's surprisingly large.  I'm known for carrying alot and I still have room. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Some other poster noted they are known as monkey fobs, but really are apes. Yet the Kipling logo it has a tail. I'm going to switch my spring bag in wildflowers that I got on sale and was trying to use it this year for a few weeks, to the Sunshine Happy print. 

I love that Citrus Orange bag. I've had that in my wish list, but I own the Cool Orange color and they're kind of similar so I haven't bought it yet. My first Kipling was an orange and it went with lots of my clothes. I don't have to coordinate, but definitely don't want to clash.

Honored Contributor

I really didn't mean to start trouble with the monkey/ape thing.  In my weird way I just think the gorillas would feel bad if they were called monkeys, so I have to stand up for them.  

I didn't know Kipling had monkey charms too when I posted that.  I thought all the bags came with fuzzy gorillas. (Not that the gorillas would be thrilled with the thumb-in-the-mouth feature.  That's kind of insulting too.)

Trusted Contributor

What trouble?

Honored Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

What trouble?

Being a know-it-all.  Woman Sad

Trusted Contributor

I've seen other fobs, too. I have a robotic ape that I got off a silver metallic bag that now I don't like it anymore and put the robot on my keychain. There are also monkey faces out there, too. I've seen some cute monkey shapes with an out stretched arm on the UK bags either plastic or metal. If they were on the US bags I missed out. I've skipped several seasons not buying any. I can't keep up. 👜

Contributor

The Kipling Monkey/Gorilla/Ape fobs are named after real employees that work at Kipling.

I have a beautiful floral Maxwell/Noell tote - white ape named "Louise".

Trusted Contributor

I'm currently lemming on s Spring Red bag marked down. It's sort of a fuchsia wine color that looks more fall than spring to me, but I've only seen it online. One fabric with streaky bits of texture looks more fall, the original is brighter. Not that I need any. 

Esteemed Contributor

Macy's has a big markdown on the popular Alvar.  I love this style:  holds a lot but keeps you organized.  I like the metallics.

Special mention:  Macy's has an online video to show the features 

Trusted Contributor

I love that sparkly gold bag. I usually get the Alvar style as it's easiest to switch bags and like the pockets. My metallic gold bag is in the Reth that Qvc sells. It's okay, probably wouldn't get that style again as it is boxy.

Kipling.com has free shipping this weekend. I didn't buy a bag, but bought a baby ape to replace one of the monkey's that I cut their name tag off. Or if it's too small will add it to a metal monkey on my Sunshine Happy bag. I'm deciding on citrus orange or spring red if I get another...