Honored Contributor

I am pretty sure that I posted about this bag last year when it was the Big Deal on QVC2.

At that time, I took a chance on this purse because the special price was great. I ordered either 5 or 6 of them a year ago in the bran color, for Christmas gifts.  The recipients seemed to really like them and my daughter in law has mentioned how much she likes hers, on more than one occasion.

Anyway, getting around to the point of my post, a few weeks ago, I ordered two more.  One in the Bran color and one in Bold Purple. Bold Purple has been marked down to $36 (originally $61). Both just arrived.  

I love the Bran of course and already knew what it looked like, but the Bold Purple is really pretty. I don’t think it’s “bold” at all. Just a really pretty color.

So if you’re looking for a great crossbody at a terrific price, I can recommend the Kipling Cara.  One of the other colors has also been marked down.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

@gidgetgh   Like you, I adore this lightweight, organized, inexpensive, crossbody bag.  Last year, I bought the "bold purple" (which is really a gorgeous periwinkle blue)  and have used nothing else since.  (Also ordered it as a gift for a friend who travels a lot and had admired mine.)  A week ago, it was snatched at the supermarket -- it contained my phone, house keys, license, and wallet full of cash for a planned flight the next day, which I ended up having to cancel ... AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!  Despite all the headaches of this week, I had to smile when I saw that QVC still carried the bag in the same color -- now on sale!  It arrived today and I'm so glad to have it, empty though it is.

Respected Contributor

If anyone prefers a single compartment opening, I highly recommend the Kipling Angie. I have it in two colors and use it as a shoulder bag. I don’t like the cross body style, but it seems like most of their straps will lengthen. I really like this brand; leather bags feel so heavy to me now.

Honored Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@gidgetgh   Like you, I adore this lightweight, organized, inexpensive, crossbody bag.  Last year, I bought the "bold purple" (which is really a gorgeous periwinkle blue)  and have used nothing else since.  (Also ordered it as a gift for a friend who travels a lot and had admired mine.)  A week ago, it was snatched at the supermarket -- it contained my phone, house keys, license, and wallet full of cash for a planned flight the next day, which I ended up having to cancel ... AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!  Despite all the headaches of this week, I had to smile when I saw that QVC still carried the bag in the same color -- now on sale!  It arrived today and I'm so glad to have it, empty though it is.

@vsm - I'm so sorry that happened to you.  While the least important of your worries I'm at least glad you could replace your bag with the same one.

Frequent Contributor

I just received this bag in the sparkly gold. I like the bag, but it was obviously a used/customer return. In the zipper in one of the compartments there was a sanitary napkin of all things. I just could not believe my eyes.

I bought the color because it was on sale, was supposed to be new, and I got used/returned/with a surprised inside.

Where is the quality control of QVC?

Don't know if I should exchange it or return.

QVC Customer Care

@Josefina wrote:

I just received this bag in the sparkly gold. I like the bag, but it was obviously a used/customer return. In the zipper in one of the compartments there was a sanitary napkin of all things. I just could not believe my eyes.

I bought the color because it was on sale, was supposed to be new, and I got used/returned/with a surprised inside.

Good morning @Josefina thank you for posting in our Community Handbags forum. Thank you for your recent purchase of this Kipling bag. I am very sorry that it was sent out in that condition. I have forwarded the order to our warehouse that sent it. I have sent you an email reagarding this, please review and email your response, thank you. Kim

Honored Contributor

@Josefina wrote:

@Josefina - QVC should tell you to throw it away, send you a new one by express AND give you a nice credit to your account as a gift.  Gross.