It pains me to write this but I have purchased three Aimee Kestenberg  handbags and have not been please with any of them and just sent the third one back for a refund.  I will begin with my lates purchase "A Love Thing" a quilted crossbody bag with a chain strap with leather woven through it.  Well the first one came with a broken zipper, sent it back and the second one was fine......or so I though!  The zipper kept getting stuck and I said to myself I could live with it because I loved it so, and then I notices that when wearing dark colored clothing the bag was picking up those colors and looking dirty, like there was no glaze or protection on the leather.  Then the final straw was yesterday the leather woven through the shoulder/crossbody chain broke.  My two other bags have the glaze issue as I mentioned and I have had them less than a year and they look worse than bags I have owned and still wear that are ten (10) years old.

I AM DONE!  Cannot afford this and will not be purchasing another one of this designers handbags again.

Honored Contributor

I really like my Kastenberg bags. One was an "as is" and was perfect for me. 

I find the quality of her handbags to be top notch and the zippers work better than any other of my bags, except for Dooney and Bourke which have the very best zippers I have encountered.

What I like about Aimee's items is their uniqueness. She comes up with color combinations and styles that are not the standard bag. I get positive comments on the ones I own whenever I use them.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

I really like my Kastenberg bags. One was an "as is" and was perfect for me. 

I find the quality of her handbags to be top notch and the zippers work better than any other of my bags, except for Dooney and Bourke which have the very best zippers I have encountered.

What I like about Aimee's items is their uniqueness. She comes up with color combinations and styles that are not the standard bag. I get positive comments on the ones I own whenever I use them.

@World Traveler I agree, I have a few and found them to be good quality.  I ordered the TSV but haven't received it yet.  

Honored Contributor

@geegeedc    Sounds like you've had a run of bad luck.  I have several Aimee bags and they are among my favorites.  One, a beautiful turquoise with applied silver chain, I drag out every summer.  Normally I use a bag one long season.  I like all the pockets and organization on her bags.  Better luck next time, if there is one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Pecky Oh, I was really tempted with that TSV but resisted. I normally have to carry more than just the phone and credit card, etc. But they were real beauties!

Which one did you order? I would have liked the Vanilla Snake for sure! But the Pop Pink was a real eye dazzler. 

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Pecky Oh, I was really tempted with that TSV but resisted. I normally have to carry more than just the phone and credit card, etc. But they were real beauties!

Which one did you order? I would have liked the Vanilla Snake for sure! But the Pop Pink was a real eye dazzler. 

@World Traveler I ordered the iridescence.  It was a toss up between that and the vanilla snake.  

Respected Contributor

I have several of Aimee's bags and never disappointed with any of them. Recently I bought the Double Entry Leather Satchel which is a little similar to one that I bought a few years ago. However, this seems to have a softer leather and the colors are much different. It came in Ombre but sold out before I could get it. I bought the Periwinkle which is a stunning shade. The price was also marked down from $268 to 179. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes a stachel with some organization.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky Oh, that iridescent color was quite eye catching, that's for sure. It seemed to change colors depending on the movement of the item or how the light hits it. Very multi-use friendly, I'm sure. Will go with just about anything you wear. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

I don't have any of her bags, but one thing I don't really understand is why she chooses to sometimes make a leather bag look like fabric; specifically the denim leather.  I would have no interest in a leather bag that looks like fabric.

She also seems to have a lot of exterior pockets on her bags; another turn-off for me.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@World Traveler I ordered the iridescence.  It was a toss up between that and the vanilla snake.  

Well I finally received my TSV and it's all set to go back. The quality is terrible.  The scales of the leather was peeling, the plastic doesn't work with my phone.  This really is a huge disappointment.