New Contributor

I don't know why Kathy Van Zeeland is no longer selling her bags, but I would love to see either her come back or a similar line.  I have a large collection of her bags and love them.  Most of your handbags are just too expensive for many of us.

Honored Contributor

I saw her bags at Walmart not too long ago...not many,  just a few.

Contributor

I bought several of her handbags and the straps came apart because they were glued. I rather buy a better bag and have them wear better.

Honored Contributor

Re: Km,athy Van Zeeland

[ Edited ]

Her line as well as her husband's Bruce Makowski's and the Tignanello line they used to own were purchased by a conglomerate.  

I believe her line of blingy bling and hanging charms has run its course and I've also seen a few at WalMart.

Bruce's line glutted the market with slouchy non structured (but nice) handbags and you may find a few at TJMaxx's, places like that.

Tignanello is still be offered on the Q but be careful, they advertise a "leather" bag with man-made trim, but that trim has been expanded on many styles to include straps, outside pockets, side panels and bottoms as well as handle anchors, etc..... so they incorporate quite a lot of PVC on their leather bags.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor
Thankful! Vintage TIG bags. Daily wear cross body twenty years old. No way would I buy one today. Quality left the building long ago.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

her bags were never at Walmart. 

I didn't see them near me.

I liked her bags early on. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@winamac1There are several of her bags at Walmart. Check their website.

Honored Contributor

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they were online.   The actual KVZ bag was not sold in the store.

I bought a pair of Sanita clogs from Sears once (online).  They never carry them in the store.  And they ended up cancelng my online order--so odd.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@PLL

Many years ago when I was new to QVC, I saw one of her bags and liked the look and ordered it. That's before I knew that the quality was bad. I returned the bag immediately when I received it. It looked very cheap in person and I think it was vinyl.  I stick with high quality brands and that was one time when I  had just quit working was looking for some fresh styles and stupidly veered away from known brands and learned my lesson!  It looked as if the straps would fall apart right away.  I imagine that people who bought the van zeeland bags and discovered how cheap they were never came back for more and that's why she stoped selling them. 

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@VenturaHighway wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if they were online.   The actual KVZ bag was not sold in the store.

I bought a pair of Sanita clogs from Sears once (online).  They never carry them in the store.  And they ended up cancelng my online order--so odd.  

@winamac1I do remember seeing them at TJ Maxx and Marshals a long time ago.

Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings but I never understood why you would give $100.00 for her handbags when they weren't even leather. My sister-in-law loved her bags but has moved on.