Honored Contributor

Re: Just announced, Sue Clifton will be back !!!

@Estellee wrote:

Havn't heard any more about Sue returning, has anyone else?

@Estellee No, haven't heard a thing. I too wonder if her heart just isn't in it anymore and maybe she is just going to retire, or perhaps still work for the company, but in a different capacity? Whatever she decides, I wish her the very best! I miss seeing her on air, but after seeing my two older sisters lose their husbands fairly recently and seeing how heartbroken they are, it has to be so very hard and everyone deals with their grief differently! 

My oldest sister has since passed away and I have to wonder if part of it wasn't from a broken heart??? I hope Sue is doing better, and happy she is taking the time she so deserves to decide what is best for her at this time in her life!

Respected Contributor

As I recall, Sue became a Grandma before her husband passed.  Maybe she is taking more time to focus on her family.  

Respected Contributor

That;s true, maybe her heart isn't in it anymore. All the travelling she did going back and forth to QVC and where she lives in Florida might just be a bit much. Can't blame her if that's the case.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was watching a Dooney presentation recently and wondered if Sue Clifton is coming back. It's been quite a while so I'm guessing she is not. The vendors are still not coming into the studio so traveling is not the reason. Perhaps she has decided to retire and spend more time with her family. I wouldn't blame her.

New Contributor

When will she be returning.  She was the BEST!!!!!

Regular Contributor

I am so glad that Sue will return to the Q. Usually at Christmas Downey has a special handbag, not this year. Hopefully they are saving it for Sue when she returns. She will be welcomed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh brother. First, I wouldn't bet the ranch on Clifton returning. Checking the date this thread was first posted, one will note it was back in March... And no, obviously Dooney, opted not to await Sue to unleash a rather generic, nothing special TSV, which, as it turns out, is the TSV today...

Today's Special Value® Dooney & Bourke Pebble Leather Crossbody - Under $140 - Choice of Color

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I’m assuming w/ the TSV yesterday and the other Dooney representative handling it all day and also, the Dooney Blonde rep (sorry, can’t remember either name) who just had her baby, that Susan will not be returning. Her husband died approximately 2 yrs ago. I believe it was Dec 2019.
Respected Contributor

Sorry- Mistyped+ correction to what I said. Sue’s husband passed away late 2020.
Respected Contributor

@KKlim 

Sue Clifton posted on Facebook in  late FEBRUARY 2021 that her husband, Joel, had died.  He had a long running battle with cancer.  Sue has three adult children and several grandchildren.  

I don't know why she will not return to QVC.  

Somehow, this thread gets resurrected every-once-in-a-while.  It is confusing the issue. 

Sue was a well-liked, popular vendor.  She was a professional.  She will be missed.