Esteemed Contributor

You've probably seen Judith Leiber handbags and evening bag minaudieres in high fashion magazines so now read the wonderful story about the lady behind the bag in an article from the Racked website:

http://www.racked.com/2017/4/13/15291954/judith-leiber-miniaudiere-museum-art-design

Honored Contributor

@TY Thank you for posting this article. I did not know her history and I enjoyed reading it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Judith Leiber handbags

[ Edited ]

@TY

Thank you for sharing this story.  

A great aunt gave me a Lieber minaudiere just before she passed away.  It is a beautiful RED tomato!  She never carried it, and neither have I. Instead it holds center stage in my china cabinet.

It is a prized piece, because my great aunt was very special.  

I printed this story on acid free paper, and will store in the tomato.

DH thinks it is one of the silliest things he's ever seen, but I think he secretly admires it!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Thank you for the article.... her evening bags are fabulous and I have been interested in her designs for years..... do not own one but they ARE worthy of display (as the poster upthread mentioned she displays the one her Aunt gave her).  They are art.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Always nice to hear/ready the story behind the brand.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Wonderful article; thank you for posting it. : )   I LOVE her designs.

Respected Contributor

@TY  I really enjoyed reading about Judith and seeing some of her great designs.  She is truly unique in the fashion world.

Can you imagine what some of her bags, especially her earlier designs, are worth today?

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Sister wrote:

@TY  I really enjoyed reading about Judith and seeing some of her great designs.  She is truly unique in the fashion world.

Can you imagine what some of her bags, especially her earlier designs, are worth today?

I would imagine that her bags would sell for plenty at auction. They have always been collectible pieces and anyone who owns one is truely lucky!