Honored Contributor

Re: Joy and Iman Satchel TSV

@Reba055 wrote:

I've given up on Joy's leather but why she brought so few in the mint and rose makes no sense. Mint was sold out early last night. They looked good, and I know they are better when paired with Iman, but last year's wasn't great. 

I've started collecting some Shariff bags. They are fabulous. He has a lot more now that aren't the hand painted ones and they are beautiful. 

Hope this one turns out well for everyone. 

I have some of his bags, so I decided to hold out for his next visit...........

Respected Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

I've given up on Joy's leather but why she brought so few in the mint and rose makes no sense. Mint was sold out early last night. They looked good, and I know they are better when paired with Iman, but last year's wasn't great. 

I've started collecting some Shariff bags. They are fabulous. He has a lot more now that aren't the hand painted ones and they are beautiful. 

Hope this one turns out well for everyone. 

I have some of his bags, so I decided to hold out for his next visit...........

@SydneyH I bought several on clearance that are not available anymore. The prices were great. I also have the Laser Cut Tulip bag in white and it's beautiful.  Watch prices though. Some that were marked down two weeks ago are now back up in price. Not sure what that's about unless it's because they sent out 20 pct coupons for customer appreciation. 😡😡

Trusted Contributor

I know their bags have had many really awful reviews, and, I personally, don't care for this bag, but, that's my taste.  I know for a fact, I have bags that other people dislike. That's fine. We're all buying and carrying our own, so what matters, is that we're happy, with them. 

What I do find goofy, is their habit of comparing the bags, to lines like LV, Gucci, Prada, etc.  

Come On!  Those bags sell for thousands of dollars, in part, because of name recognition, but, also, because they use exquisite materials and the finest workmanship. There is no way in the world, that a bag under $100, can be comparable to a Gucci. And there is no reason it should be. There's a market for all kinds of price ranges, in handbags. Sell the bag for what it is, don't make absurd comparisons. 

One thing, though, watching their sales presentations, makes any Host on QVC, seem like a shy, wilting flower😉That being said, I sure don't have the ladies bank accounts, so, they must be doing something right! 

Valued Contributor

that bag is a suit case and quality is not good. i will stick to dooney. just got todays special last week and i love this bag so much.

Occasional Contributor

Id like the bag more if it was less Joy and more Iman. Poor Iman could hardly get a word in besides Joys constant babble. Stick to hangers Joy and let Iman do the designing. 

Super Contributor

I have purchased bags from JOY AND IMAN too. I returned the first one too. IG was soo cheap looking! Made from thin piece of leather and cardboard. Hardware looked like I had purchased it at Wm. I gave it a second chance. Same thing! Returned it. Girls, don't waste your money. Oh, by the way, I'm
encouraging IMAN to jump in and interrupt JOY. The woman won't shut up!
All the money in the world doesn't buy class!
Honored Contributor

I'm really hoping to hear reviews from ladies who bought this latest TS. They made a big deal about this being different leather (not a thin layer bonded to something else) & drum-dyed, at that. It would be nice if they are finally offering a decent quality bag.

Valued Contributor

I have not purchased previous bags and thought this might be good for airline travel - inexpensive,compartments, and simple. It is all of those. I do not know how it will hold up but am willing to try. The zippers seem good - smooth and substantial. I'm sure no one will confuse it with Gucci or Hermes but if the seams hold it will be fine. 

Trusted Contributor

If it works well for you, good deal. When I fly, I want a nice, sturdy bag, one that I don't have to baby, and, I can get in and out of it easily. 

I think tossing my $20,000, Birkin, under the seat in front of me, might give me pause🙃🙃🤓🤓

Just to clarify, no, I Don't have a Birkin!  If I had that kind of disposable income, I'd be lounging on a tropical beach, perfectly happy with a great vacation and a nice Coach bag♥️