Honored Contributor

Re: “Italian Nylon” handbags

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon  Smiley Very Happy I will say that bag is pretty much indestructible and because it's dark, it handles being damp or wet nicely.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I can attest to the quality of D&B nylon.  I have a navy bag that is at least 25 years old.  It is trimmed with genuine leather and wears like iron.  The nylon is heavy duty, and easily cleaned.  Even at this point, there are no wear marks even on the bottom corners.  

You can also tell the difference by feeling these bags vs other nylon bags.   D&B is expensive;  however, when you get quality that lasts, it's worth the price.

Check the Dooney website for sales.

Valued Contributor

I know. I laughed out loud. Sales people love to say things are "from Italy" as if that's such a great thing. Maybe for some things it is, but not nylon. LOL again

Honored Contributor

Italian nylon? Really?!? Italian women probably only carry leather bags. Italy known for its leather...not it's nylon. 😂😂😂

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prada uses nylon for some styles of their bags.  I have several that I purchased a good 15 years ago, like the one below.

Prada Nylon Bag 1

I'm not familiar with D&B Italian nylon bags.  But you better believe that when life goes back to some sort of normal, I'm hitting the D&B outlet to look for it.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Italian nylon? Really?!? Italian women probably only carry leather bags. Italy known for its leather...not it's nylon. 😂😂😂

Prada is know for their nylon.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon   Is it imported or Italian nylon?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Prada is made in Italy of Italian materials, I believe.

Esteemed Contributor

I have two nylon I got 20 years ago. One is a med zip top, the other a feed bag type.  The nylon is the best. Not thin or flimsy at all. Washes nicely. Trimmed in leather.  Both look like new still.

Respected Contributor

Marketing terminology aside,  Dooney nylon handbags are excellent quality,  in my opinion.  I'm a leather handbag snob,  but recently purchased a Dooney nylon bag to have a lighter weight alternative.  I was impressed!   The Dooney nylon bag I got is beautifully made,  trimmed in the same leather as my all leather handbags, and has nice design elements.  I was so impressed with the black/black I bought,  that I added another Dooney nylon bag to my handbag collection.

Don't let the 'sales presentations' bother you.  A Dooney nylon handbag is a good lighter weight handbag option.  Depending on the color and style you choose,  it can look very classic.