Respected Contributor

Re: Is your local weather a factor in selecting a handbag ?

I have a large assortment of bags, so yes, I pay attention to weather. I have a couple of them that I switch to when it's pouring!

I love my bags and don't want them trashed in inclement weather.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

I don't worry about most pebble grain bags with stained trim. I have gotten rid of most untreated vacchettas because they spot too easily. (I kept my $500 coach "carley" vacchetta bag because it was such an investment back in, oh, 2005 or 2005 when it came out, and I still like the equestrian style. I would never buy that leather again, though.) Florentines are my faves, and, despite what Dooney says, I treat each with the same equestrian product I use on my saddle and riding boots. It doesn't alter the color, but I feel it offers a bit of protection while still letting the leather acquire patina over time. If it's wet out, I will put my bag under my coat as I dash into a store or restaurant and then wipe it off. No problem. The new Florentines seem to have a hint of sheen so I wonder if they have a bit of finish on them? I have two. So far! I think they will show scrapes, etc., as they should, but I don't think a drop of water will be a problem.

Respected Contributor

No, the weather does not affect my choice of a bag for the day because I live in drought land, Southern California.  On those days when we are fortunate to get lots of rain, I choose to stay home if I can.

Respected Contributor

@hicindy2  Thanks for the Anuschka picture!  I did just see that they have a TBV coming up on Wednesday.  I don't care for the style of the TBV bag, but I do like the new artwork designs on the Evine website.  The one you're showing is really cool too!  I sure hope they don't have anything I want to buy..........I have at least 20 of their bags already (yikes)!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Weather doesn't tend to impact bags I might buy, but it does figure in my choice of the bag I'll carry on any given day. That said, I don't baby all my bags, so it isn't always a given that I'll avoid a nicer bag in lousy weather. There are a few bags I won't carry when the weather is nasty, but not too many.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...