Honored Contributor

Re: Is there anyone else obsessed by Dooney & Bourke Handbags?

Dooney & Bourke is way over priced and their bags are heavy.  I prefer a lightweight bag in a soft, pebble leather.  Dooney does have some good looking bags but again, prices are too high.  I like Kate Spade and they have excellent  sales.  However, that said, enjoy your Doonies.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Yes, I am, too.  Also Kate Spade, Cole Haan, Coach and Vera Bradley.  Jaw-dropping number of bags all purchased in last 4 years.  Due to emergency downsizing I must get rid of most and when I discovered I'd get 20% of retail at consignment store, decided to

tuck one in each relatives Christmas package.

Not easy to do this at all.  Every handbag has personal meaning and at least half have the tags on.  Boo-hoo.

Seannie

Super Contributor

@SPACKLE wrote:

Yes I have a bit of a problem myself. Lol. Not to add to or enable your addiction but 12 days of Dooney starts tomorrow Wednesday at noon according to Dooney FB page. I am currently waiting on the Croco shoulder bag to arrive. Was waitlisted for a week then said it shipped yeah. I got the cognac color.

Yes.  Can't wait for the 12 days. Great prices but so difficult to choose I usually have to wait to the end then hope my favs are still available. Congrats on the croco bag. I almost bought a Brahmin yesterday. There were about five on sale at Belks. I just couldn't do it-- needed to buy just the right one for me.  Just because it's a good price sometimes you have to overlook that and get exactly what you want.  OTOH, the Dooney outlet in Rehoboth Beach,DE.

has fantastic deals. 

Honored Contributor

@Beansey wrote:

@SPACKLE wrote:

Yes I have a bit of a problem myself. Lol. Not to add to or enable your addiction but 12 days of Dooney starts tomorrow Wednesday at noon according to Dooney FB page. I am currently waiting on the Croco shoulder bag to arrive. Was waitlisted for a week then said it shipped yeah. I got the cognac color.

Yes.  Can't wait for the 12 days. Great prices but so difficult to choose I usually have to wait to the end then hope my favs are still available. Congrats on the croco bag. I almost bought a Brahmin yesterday. There were about five on sale at Belks. I just couldn't do it-- needed to buy just the right one for me.  Just because it's a good price sometimes you have to overlook that and get exactly what you want.  OTOH, the Dooney outlet in Rehoboth Beach,DE.

has fantastic deals. 

What are the 12 days of Dooney?  I ordered the crossbody Toscana florentine last week with the 20% off and should be getting it Thursday.  I am very anxious to get this new bag.

Honored Contributor

Maybe five or six years ago, but not so much anymore.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Yes, but unfortunately, nothing less than about $400.

Respected Contributor

Hi Hooty! I hope you are doing well. I guess no more Leftovers on HBO.

I have managed to accumulate quite a few D&B handbags. I like the look, especially the 2 tone ones. I really love Brahmins and have only 1 of those (for now). I also have a couple of Tigs, which are nice bags too. Most of mine are Dooneys, though.

As long as they don't come out with more 2 tone Sophie hobos, I will be okay.

I did get a great deal on a small sloan hobo in cognac ostrich. It was on sale at ILove Dooney. I was there to buy a bitsy satchel fir my sil and saw the ostrich. I have the GILI roma in ostrich and the dooney is much better quality and none of the dots are smeared.
Frequent Contributor

I have a outlet 30. I utes from my home and I'm dying to go there! But that would be soooo bad. I'm proud of myself for staying away!!

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Beansey wrote:

@SPACKLE wrote:

has fantastic deals. 

What are the 12 days of Dooney?  I ordered the crossbody Toscana florentine last week with the 20% off and should be getting it Thursday.  I am very anxious to get this new bag.

@Pecky Hopefully you will receive the emails from Dooney dot com if you order from there. Each day from Dec. 1 through Dec. 12 there is an email with sale prices. Then on Dec. 13 there is usually an opportunity to buy anything from any of the days if the bag is still in stock. Hope you enjoy your new Toscana florentine crossbody! It sounds beautiful! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Hooty Hi to my fellow English Bulldog fan friend! Woman Happy

I have a lot of Dooneys. But I have downsized in the past two years so my lot is more manageable. I have no idea how many I have and it's better that way, LOL. 

I recently ordered the new Saffiano Large Nina offered yesterday at the Black Friday sale price. I see it's at a higher price today but still free shipping from the Q. The Large Nina is my favorite Dooney silhouette...comfortable to wear, roomy and has an outside zip pocket and zip closure at the top.

Graphite
Available on 5 Easy Payments (details)