Honored Contributor

Is there anyone else obsessed by Dooney & Bourke Handbags?

[ Edited ]

I think I need help, maybe an intervention, LOL!Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Is there anyone else obsessed by Dooney & Bourke Handbags?

@Hooty.  I really love the look of Dooney bags and bought my first one about a year ago.    Still love the look but do not like how heavy it is.   That is the reason I am hesitant to purchase another.     I also think the leather is on the stiff side.   So...  the reason I am saying all of this is because I would love to know if there are other Dooney's that are lighter and softer?   

Honored Contributor

@Junebug54, I use the crossbody bags, but then again I don't carry a lot in my handbag, just necessities!

Esteemed Contributor

uh no.......

maybe

I have got it under control.............

Respected Contributor

I've had the "problem" since I bought my first one in about 1980. But I carried briefcases during my career so I didn't need many handbags. My love of Dooney was something I could begin indulging again after I took early retirement, so now I'm completely out of control, not that I only own Dooneys.  It's just that they are so well priced for what you get. Really great value. My mother recently gave me a fabulous Proenza satchel, which cost more than $2,000. I love it, but the quality is commensurate with the new Dooney  florentine Toscana bags, which are roughly $500 to $550. I have been trying to clear out some older Dooneys, which still look like new, of course, to make room, and I have sold at least 20 or more on eBay  which was painful because I love everyone of them. I still have and use the first one I ever bought.  I buy and adore the Florentine bags especially.

Frequent Contributor

Hello! I have about 52 dooney bags since 2012. Yes ,way too many. I am sickly and thought this would cure me. Silly me, it didn't. I love my bags and would like to sell a very small about but I've never used eBay and feel I would lose too much money so they sit in my dooney room.

i have five Michael kors and a few coach. I love dooney the best. Yes I'm obsessed but we all have our hobbies.

Frequent Contributor

Yes I have a bit of a problem myself. Lol. Not to add to or enable your addiction but 12 days of Dooney starts tomorrow Wednesday at noon according to Dooney FB page. I am currently waiting on the Croco shoulder bag to arrive. Was waitlisted for a week then said it shipped yeah. I got the cognac color.

Respected Contributor

I could get 10 great purses from Kohl's for what one D&B costs.  Not even tempted to purchase one of those. 

Frequent Contributor

Wow! Good for you getting that croco shoulder bag. I waited too long and missed out on the red one.enjoy your new bag!!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks almost missed out. They were going like hotcakes I b hit aubmit order and got waitlisted. They said that was their only batch they were getting so I really didnt think I qould actually get it.