Respected Contributor

Is the Dooney hobo logo bag being retired or colors refreshed?

When the hobo logo lock was reduced (clearance) to $198 from $279, since it is their highest seller, I assumed they were getting rid of older colors. Assumed they would then REFRESH for spring! New colors!

maxresdefault.jpg

However, I'm getting worried. I adore this bag and have many of it (and added two, cocoa and a denim blue, on the reduced price). A couple of colors languish.

SE0.540x302.jpeg

Rumors? What do handbag fashionistas know/think/guess?

Honored Contributor

Re: Is the Dooney hobo logo bag being retired or colors refreshed?

[ Edited ]

@1Professor
I know one is on the bay new never used in t'moro brown with the stitching.

No, sorry, toggle closure.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the Dooney hobo, especially the soft leather but its' size is just too big (for me):/  Through the years, there have been numerous requests to make a smaller version.  DB says making a smaller hobo/logo would ruin the structural integrity of this bag...huh?  DB makes so many styles that come in different sizes.

Come on Dooney...😑 

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2
I agree with you!
Honored Contributor

@1Professor@AKgirl2

Taupe vachetta florentine satchel.jpeg1 Front hanging.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe they are retiring it.

But maybe they want to retire the item number and raise its price. It's also possible that they could be changing the lining. It would be different enough from the original--requiring a number change.

I typed too soon.

I just happened to watch the latest video presented with this bag.  They clearly said that there is no re-order.  Before that they would just say it was " a special price., blah, blah."

So looks like it's farewell to the Logo Lock hobo.

Respected Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Maybe they are retiring it.

But maybe they want to retire the item number and raise its price. It's also possible that they could be changing the lining. It would be different enough from the original--requiring a number change.

I typed too soon.

I just happened to watch the latest video presented with this bag.  They clearly said that there is no re-order.  Before that they would just say it was " a special price., blah, blah."

So looks like it's farewell to the Logo Lock hobo.

@JavaQueen: They are still saying "no re-order" on THESE COLORS, not the bag. Never said this bag is not coming back, which would have triggered massive sales of the remaining colors from the fans.

A couple of months ago, they had another CLEARANCE on hobo logo lock colors and those colors were retired.

All very confusing . . .

Honored Contributor

I know that QVC will be bringing in a smaller Florentine Hobo Logo Lock (I've already got my coffee can out for saving my change).... and as popular as this bag is it 's bound to slow down in the selling of it as people have bought a ton of them.  (I have the mint and the black and have found this bag to be very convenient for me... surprisingly so!)\

So, I can understand QVC/Dooney not reordering and reconfiguring the style, which I think they will do as well as raise the price (again).... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why would they not reorder a black? Camel? White? Red?

Pretty basic colors. It would make sense if you had very strange colors in that mix, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

But I have seen instances in which the Q sold out pieces of an item under one item number, only to bring it back later at a higher price under a different item number. I think they would rather sell more of the newest  variation which is at a higher price. Logo lock sales cut into other styles they have to sell. 

And if there is one thing I don't like  about the logo lock, it is listening to them rattle off 18 colors. It's great to see variety, but to sit through presentations is tedious.

Respected Contributor

@JavaQueen: Good points on black, white. I have NO IDEA why they're doing a clearance price now, but I'm sure they sell more of the hobo logo lock than other bags.

Looking forward to the mystery unveiled Saturday!