Honored Contributor

Re: Is Tignanello being discontinued?

@faeriemoon wrote:

There is a Tig bag in inventory that is described as "leather."  Maybe they're changing back to all leather.  

Here

I happened to see it on the website and clicked on it because it looked very "un-Tignanello."

@faeriemoon  Yes, the one you posted and the two below look to be all leather. The Tignanello representative, Christy, said they are all leather for the anniversary (30th?).

Respected Contributor

Really love the top handle bag with strap. Such a classic bag.  

. So glad to see that there has been a return to all-leather. 30 years! I remember buying my first Tig bag in the early 1990s.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

There is a Tig bag in inventory that is described as "leather."  Maybe they're changing back to all leather.  

Here

I happened to see it on the website and clicked on it because it looked very "un-Tignanello."

@faeriemoon  Yes, the one you posted and the two below look to be all leather. The Tignanello representative, Christy, said they are all leather for the anniversary (30th?).

@EdithEllenLily  Beyond surprised to see new Tig bags... My only thought is that this is now a 'made for Q' brand, since the bags don't seem to appear elsewhere... The satchel  is lovely. Reminds me of Coach, but upon looking at it further, is really very small. The larger bag isn't bad, but not outstanding enough looking for me to want to own...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I saw the top handle presented.  The hardware doesn't look great.  However, the price point is fairly low, so I guess that is to be expected.

Regular Contributor

I do remember once Rachel was hosting a Tig show and said the handles and trim were man made to make them stronger! Really? That's why mine ripped after a month of carrying it!
Occasional Contributor

I agree with others in the forum.  Tignanello bags were amazing - nice leather and great color selection.  I returned a number of them (and B. Makowsky bags) to QVC because of the vinyl trim and unmatched color.  Once the prices went up and the bags had vinyl trim, I stopped buying both brands.  The brand was sold (by Bruce Makowsky and Kathy Van Zeeland) to Li & Fung Ltd (Hong Kong Company) in 2008, and the quality deteriorated.  The B. Makowsky bag line, as well as the Kathy Van Zeeland bag line, was part of the sale.   

Honored Contributor

@catnappurr wrote:
I do remember once Rachel was hosting a Tig show and said the handles and trim were man made to make them stronger! Really? That's why mine ripped after a month of carrying it!

It seems they will say anything to move the merchandise... I believe I'd heard that little explanation before... Yea right, like plastic is going to outlast leather... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Saw Allison Miller presenting another brand lol.

Honored Contributor

@mosky wrote:

Looking at the few  choices of Tignanello,I started thinking that maybe QVC is discontinuing them.I rarely see them on anymore,and the selection is very poor.I really like this company...does anyone know whats going on with them??

@mosky 

My guess is that they've had a LOT of returns when people realized they were no longer all leather.  True Tig bag lovers seem to want all leather, period.   I'm not crazy about the "messy" print lining, but manage to ignore it.

And what happened to the SILVER hardware?   Personally, since I wear only silver metal jewelry, I don't even look at bags with gold hardware these days.

I pulled out an older  Tig bag in my closet to re-examine it, and now am using it again for a while.   Their older all leather bags really hold up very well. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not going to miss this brand. There are nicer brands out there. MUCH NICER!Cat Indifferent