Honored Contributor

Re: Is Tignanello being discontinued?

[ Edited ]

What I find interesting is that when KVZ sold all three of the bag lines she owned (hers, Tig and BMak) the new owner proceeded to gut all three brands and now two of them essentially no longer exist, and yes, I believe Tig is on the way out... Did they merely want to own the brands to eliminiate them as potential competition for other brands they own? I saw one of the new Tig II bags online at JCP and thought it was cute, until I saw that they wanted almost a hundred dollars for what is essentially a plastic bag... I own a few older Tig bags and while I never thought they had a great deal of style, they were well designed, quality bags and were all leather. With newer Tig bags, it seems they've tried to retain the same price point while offering a lesser product and that's just not going to satisfy most customers.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I got a very cute Tig 11 bag at Bells outlet for about $25 last spring.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank goodness I have some older Tig bags that are leather through and through.  I have several actually.  Still in wonderful condition. I would not buy any today though.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

What I find interesting is that when KVZ sold all three of the bag lines she owned (hers, Tig and BMak) the new owner proceeded to gut all three brands and now two of them essentially no longer exist, and yes, I believe Tig is on the way out... Did they merely want to own the brands to eliminiate them as potential competition for other brands they own? I saw one of the new Tig II bags online at JCP and thought it was cute, until I saw that they wanted almost a hundred dollars for what is essentially a plastic bag... I own a few older Tig bags and while I never thought they had a great deal of style, they were well designed, quality bags and were all leather. With newer Tig bags, it seems they've tried to retain the same price point while offering a lesser product and that's just not going to satisfy most customers.

@stevieb Interesting question and definitely a possibility in my opinion.

I have two Tignanello all-leather crossbody bags from the Q from years ago -- one is dark brown with a built-in wallet and the other is a dark green (I purchased a dark green wallet to go vertically inside). They are great for a day downtown, shopping, Art Institute, lunch and all. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I noticed recently when they were presenting a new Tig bag a few weeks ago that they now say they are a leather/plastic combination.  They say it's to keep the price down, and for "durability."  Huh?  The plastic is the first thing to go!  Also, they are selling them at a higher price point than they used to sell their all-leather bags.

Honored Contributor

What I found hard to swallow was Tig and QVC's reluctance to make this information transparent.  Yes, going on line you can now see the words under Product Info if you look, but even all that was not set up the way it is now 20 years ago when TIG was so popular and they were introducing vinyl as the trim.  No word of this to the customers.  I remember one customer just gushing talking to the rep and the host regarding an "all leather bag" for XX amount of money!  No one corrected her....

Many, many customers believed they were getting an all leather handbag and have thought that for years....

I remember when I realized that more than just the trim was vinyl... I was in TJMaxx looking at one of the new Tig bags and halted and thought "Wait a minute", this section (a whole side section on each side) was not leather. It was close in texture and color but it was definitely NOT leather.... and I was incredulous.  It started my change in how I felt about this brand. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I noticed recently when they were presenting a new Tig bag a few weeks ago that they now say they are a leather/plastic combination.  They say it's to keep the price down, and for "durability."  Huh?  The plastic is the first thing to go!  Also, they are selling them at a higher price point than they used to sell their all-leather bags.

You are so right~!  I buy used handbags and sell them on eBay!  I can tell you that I pass on Tig handbags because by the time I see them, the vinyl is split, and the vinyl is shredding!!  The vinyl does go first and it is NOT durable.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*

I love the organization features of Tignanello satchel bags. The various compartments & slots. I love the way they zip all the way down on the sides. No other bag can do this for me. I won't buy Dooney, too expensive, not interested. I hope another shopping channel picks them up. I have many Tig bags. Hope they go back to using all leather too.
Regular Contributor

I bought a shoulder bag with the man made trim and I literally babied that bag and within a month the strap was ripping and cracking! I will never buy another Tig bag unless they go back to making them with all leather!
Honored Contributor

There is a Tig bag in inventory that is described as "leather."  Maybe they're changing back to all leather.  

Here

I happened to see it on the website and clicked on it because it looked very "un-Tignanello."