Honored Contributor

Re: Is Dooney ever going to come out with some new styles????

They are running really behind the times on their pocket sizing. The big phones have been out for a few years now. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

IMHO, Donney is on the Q so much these days that they no longer seem as "special" as they once did.  I stopped buying them anyway, since they're too heavy for me.

I absolutely agree. Dooney is one of that increasingly small handful of brands QVC has overexposed and so no, the shows are no longer 'events'. If anything, they're mundane, with pretty much the same bags shown time after time and virtually the exact same verbiage used to present them.

I think Dooney makes a nice bag, but I'm no longer particularly interested in watching the shows or in acquiring the bags.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I wish they would have more styles with an outside pocket. It is so much easier than having to dig in your bag for every little thing.

That too...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

Actually, they have tons of new styles.  Keep in mind that only a handful of new styles make it to QVC. They sell all over....Belk, Macy's, Bon Ton, Boscovs, Dillard's, etc.  they have exclusives for many of these stores and then their own website.

Valued Contributor

There's a reason for this, and most retailers do it.  On QVC, it happens most often with the TSV.  As an example, a retailer will have a weekly sale, let's say, and they allot a certain number of that item at that price.  My local Rite Aid sells Tide detergent in the 100 oz jug for 18.99.  On sale, it's $11.49.  When that number sells out, that's it.  The shelves are not restocked during that sale week. Their weekly sales run from Sunday to Saturday.  If they set aside 30 jugs for $11.49, that's what they'll sell and only that.  On Monday the shelves are full at the regular price.  If you've asked for a rain check, good for you.  In the case of QVC, I think they create the "demand" by having only a certain number of bags available.  There are only two dozen left, we've sold over half our stock, this color is very, very popular, and so on.  When it's gone, it's gone, as they say.  Turn around and check online the next day, and most of the time, there it is...back in stock, at whatever price they set...the QVC price, the Featured Price, or whatever.  There is nothing wrong with this.  It's the marketing/retail business.  Not fair?  Maybe to the consumer, but it's standard operating procedure.