Respected Contributor

Insane prices at I Love Dooney

Just ordered a Pebble Leather Cross Body - original price $188 - for $62.30.  It was on sale plus another 30% off - everything's 30% off.  Great price.  I have several of these bags - been wanting a more summery color - got the grass green.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Insane prices at I Love Dooney

I ordered a crossbody for that same price, thank you so much for the heads up!

Honored Contributor

I agree! I ordered a tartan plaid crossbody for $55 that QVC still has here for $168.  It's insane!!

Respected Contributor

And free shipping!

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed. Since Black Friday I have ordered 2 bags from ILD: the black Tartan Erica and a pebble leather small Lexington- well under $150.00 for BOTH. And yes, free shipping. 

Santa usually brings me one Dooney a year, but this year I guess I was especially nice, or maybe it was ILD that was especially nice.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @FranandZoe !  I bought a Florentine crossbody on sale just before the 12 Days of Dooney.  Paid a bit more than I would have on this sale but still better than regular price. However, when the 12 Days of Dooney sale started I held on until the Smith Florentine bag went on sale on ilove Dooney dot com.  After 30% off got it for $209, free shipping, compared to $498 retail.  It's truly a tote for me, handling extras on a car trip.  Bag is fabulous, got the light Taupe.  Would order more but won't need to until my granddaughter gets older.  Lol!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered a handbag. It had 3 major inperfections.  I was so disappointed.

They did not refund my return shipping for a defective bag. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much for this post. I have been wanting the red Continental wallet, and I got it for a really wonderful price.

Briggsie

Respected Contributor

Sunshine:   I have ordered dozens of handbags online from I Love Dooney, from Dooney itself,  from department stores, and QVC.  Bottom line.... the quality is comparable.  In most cases,  the handbags are perfect.  

I'm very familiar with the styles and the leathers,  so I know what I'm ordering.  And I'm very picky regarding quality.... I check the stitching, the zippers, and every detail.  Sometimes,  if the sale is good enough,  I might consider over looking a small cosmetic defect (never a functional one).   I ask myself.... if I was in the store,  at this price,  would I buy the bag or not?   If the answer is no,  I return the bag.   

I understand people want brand new, untouched handbags when they order.  It's just not realistic.  In a store, you get handbags that others have touched.  And since the handbags are mass produced,  no one, whether in the warehouse or store or manufacturing facility,  examines ever handbag.   In todays mass manufacturing world,  'quality control' means that a small, random number of items off the production line are inspected.  No company,  including QVC, devotes the resources to examine every piece of merchandise it sells when it enters their facility and when it leaves again.   Sometimes you have to wonder if the people handling the items are even looking at them.

That said,  I've found the Dooney quality to be very good and very consistent.  Pebbled leather, saffiano leather, and many other collections are almost always perfect in every way.  Florentine leather is more subject to 'issues'.... is it smooth or pebbled, is it evenly smooth or pebbled,  is it wrinkled or does it have 'tiger stripes' where the dye didn't penetrate evenly?    Some people only want a completely smooth Florentine handbag.  Their choice, their money.   But is an evenly pebbled one defective?  

All that said,  I have returned handbags to I Love Dooney,  using their online return form.  I've never had a problem.  Just be sure to do it quickly and don't wait to the end of your 30 day return window (not even sure when it starts).   Also,  if you use their online return form, the charge for the return will be $7,50 (+tax in some states).   Don't expect to get it back unless the defects are really obvious.  Just accept that is the price for a look see and it was free shipping for you to get the bag and it was on sale.

Good luck, no matter what you decide.

Valued Contributor

Are I love Dooney bags seconds? You know, bags that have small flaws so Dooney won;t sell them on their own website? Does anyone know?