Honored Contributor

If you were a handbag designer...

designing a bag for yourself what would it be?Leather or fabric? large or small? Satchel, hobo, crossbody or tote ?Color?

Let your imagination run wild!

Honored Contributor

Re: If you were a handbag designer...

[ Edited ]

Leather, medium size about 13" wide, must have handle + a shoulder strap, two (minimum) outside pockets, no more than 3"wide at bottom with feet, satchel style, zip top, prefer turquoise or an earth color neutral.  Silver hardware.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Med. size leather saddle bag crossbody. I want at least 2 outside pockets and have an inside zip pocket. The color should be gray or sage green with white metal hardware.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Easy ....

Envelope style, flap with inside zipper.  Completely plain exteror (no zippers, buckles, doo-dads).  Only metal can be where straps attach to bag.  Otherwise NO METAL on the outside.

No designer label.  (If they want me to advertise their bag - pay me!)

About 10" x 14" east/west.  Gusset no more than 2"

Two straps long enough to fit over my shoulder wearing a bulky coat.

No leather.  Actually prefer a heavy fabric or a soft faux leather.  

(Ooop!  I just glanced in the closet ... I have a whole bunch of bags just like that!)

Honored Contributor

My design is a medium size satchel.  The fabric is a heavy, wide wale corduroy in fall and winter colors.  Black, chocolate, burgandy, grape, navy, and burnt orange.  Self fabric handles, with a chain of fabulous charms that hang from a front handle.  The closure is a self colored zipper at the top and an exterrior zipper pocket on the back of the bag.  The interrior lining is a satin in a lighter color of the bag so items inside can be easily seen.  There is a center divide inside with built in purse organizers throughout.  Then, accessories to match, wallet, change purse and key chain to match charms on the handle.  I'll take one in every color!    

Honored Contributor

My bag would be made of gunny sack cloth woven to look like rattan .with gun metal hardware.It would have leather straps for crossbody or handheld.The interior lining would be a sturdy washable fabric that was full of happy and positive sayings.I would have the lining removable for cleaning.The bag would be medium size and a little slouchy....exterior cell phone pocket and interior zippered pouches.

Honored Contributor

leather, satchel with a removable 12 inch drop shoulder strap, center zip with two snap entry sections, outside back pocket for phone, interior pockets that are large enough for your fingers to reach the bottom. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Mine would be a tote, rough sackcloth type fabric in a natural color with a beautiful painted flower on it.The straps would be heavy rope tied through grommets.2 outside pockets and the interior would be a built in organizer.  It would be very lightweight but about 14" wide and 4" front to back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

At the moment:

Smooth black glove leather satchel, approx 13 x 10 x 4

No pockets or feet on the outside

No markings or logos of any kind

One set of soft leather handles that fit in crook of arm and over shoulder

Invisible zipper top, recessed under leather.

No visible hardware of any kind.

On the inside a nice light lining

Deep zip pocket on one side with a slip underneath large enough for a phone or notebook to fit horizontally

On the other side, two vertical slip pockets and a couple pen slips

If anyone sees this bag, please do let me know! 😊

Respected Contributor

Leather, structured, mid-size, handles....never a long strap for me.