Trusted Contributor

Re: If NOT Dooney, What Handbag Are You Now Loving?

Loving Brahmin bags. 3.png

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

My current favored handbag brands are Patricia Nash, Brahmin, and most recently Frye.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate .. I have 17 Dooneys which I love.  Unfortunately, it has been a long time since I have seen a new Dooney I am even remotely interested in.   However, lately I have been using my Coach Scout Bags or my Henri Bendel Rivington Tassel Messenger  Bags.  They are light weight; have great organization; and the leather is amazing.  But I think Coach bags are now becoming extremely overpriced.  For the time being I am not going to purchase any more handbags because I think I have plenty.  

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate I still love the Dooneys that I have but like you, I've had bad luck with Dooney purchases lately.

I'm currently carrying the MZ Wallace Roxy in dark blue camo bedford and I absolutely love it. Heart

I am also a huge fan of the Henri Bendel West 57th Satchel in saffiano leather...it wears like iron and looks brand new after carrying it for months. Woman Happy

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was a Dooney fan for years & still am ......I did find another brand on another shopping channel .....unsure if we can name other channels .....but the brand is Patricia Nash . She does have a web site , but you can get a tsv or sale prices, when she is on the sales channel.  Her designs are based on old European styles, and uses vegetable-based dyes. She also finds vintage fabrics once used in dresses , and replicates them on the leather bags. I especially love one of her small , vintage florals from a dress print , that has washed, muted , tea-stained colors . I bought a cosmetic pouch with strap , that can seriously pass as a clutch .....and a journal and calendar/ appointment books , from her accessories line. The journal looks so vintage, with a leather string closure holding a small key,  & a metal charm used to seal letters with wax . All three items are in the floral vintage print, I described above . I also have a mailbag-style handbag, with an adjustable shoulder strap....in fuschia . On my bucket list is a train case . She also has a line of satchels for men .....they're gorgeous, and look like they'd last a lifetime . 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not loving any handbags that I'm seeing in bricks and mortar stores in Canada right now. I'm on a handbag diet as nothing here is calling my name in store or online in Canada.

I think next year I will be buying my first Brahmin handbag in the U.S. I'm researching the bag online and looked at them at Macy's and Dillards in Las Vegas.

I just read an interesting article about how women are researching handbags before they buy one. The impulse handbag purchase is a thing of the past, especially with millennials.

From the Fashion Law website:

http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/handbag-sales-are-enormously-important-for-brands-heres-how-consum...

Handbag Sales are Enormously Important for Brands, Here's How Consumers Shop Them

Super Contributor

IMG_0086.JPG

Honored Contributor

Coming up on five years for Brahmin preference after decades of Dooney being my go to. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I'm thinking of this bag for my first purchase of this line:

Brahmin Melbourne Anywhere Convertible Satchel

Image result for brahmin melbourne anywhere convertible satchel

Esteemed Contributor

I just changed into this Brahmin:

710678870_o.jpg