Honored Contributor

Re: I would rather have cheaper bags and more of them!!

@Shanus It is my dream to own a LV bag...you are lucky.I almost got a second hand bag from a garage sale at an expensive private school but someone beat me to it.I saw that bag and I had never heard of that brand at the time but it was love at first sight....unfortunately I was a day too early for the sale but I got to touch and hold the bag.The next day I went to the sale but the bag was sold.

Honored Contributor

@dexwrote:

@Shanus It is my dream to own a LV bag...you are lucky.I almost got a second hand bag from a garage sale at an expensive private school but someone beat me to it.I saw that bag and I had never heard of that brand at the time but it was love at first sight....unfortunately I was a day too early for the sale but I got to touch and hold the bag.The next day I went to the sale but the bag was sold.

Awwwwh @dex. That’s a sad story. If you check eBay, they’re on there all the time. It’s not likely to find used ones often since they last a lifetime. So sorry, really.

Honored Contributor

@dex I'd check out the Tradesy app.  I have heard (not positive) that they guarantee authenticity in the handbags they sell.  My friend just bought a Chloe bag that looks pretty much new.

Super Contributor

Leather is expensive and heavy, plus animal lovers and vegans, dont like leather.  QVC used to carry cheaper brands, and in stores like TJMaxx, they carry leather look-a-likes that are impossible to tell the difference.  On top of that, how many people can afford to buy $300 handbags, especially, like me, Im retired.  We seem to see more and more expensive leather bags, and nothing new! 

Super Contributor

I dont disagree, but I like handbags, so like to own more than one or two.  This makes buying expensive designer bags almost impossible.