Honored Contributor

Re: I would rather have cheaper bags and more of them!!

Go to outlet stores like TJ Maxx.  Buy from Ebay, many barely used bags at good prices.  I have found that local stores carry bags that just don't work or last.  The last one developed a huge hole in lining very soon.  I went through the Born bags around $50.00 at our local Shopko last season and every one of them had difficulties with the zipper.  I think good bags are well worth the money. 

Valued Contributor

If your a Donney lover; try : the website: “ILoveDonney”..I was able to get two Serengeti collection bags for less than in regular sites or B & M stores or here. I also have expensive bags from my working days, some I’ve never used! Kooba, Rebecca Minkoff, Coach, & many more! I’ll pass them down to my daughter; as she wants them but right now, does the TJ Maxx & Marshalls; and Burlington often has some good ones too. I go there with my date & my grandson occasionally as it’s near her home. The ones I’ve never used are headed to eBay one of these days; tags still attached. Their just taking up space & reminding me how much I miss working. I’m an RN & was severely injured at work. Miss it terribly!
Anyway~have fun with your bags ladies!!!
Honored Contributor

For myself buying leather bags,are long gone, i do like lots of pockets,larger bags .

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

Agree with this post. I usually don’t spend >$100 on a bag because it’s only a rare few I really like and use. I work too hard to spend a lot, then I don’t like it and it sits around unused, staring at me, making me feel guilty! 😳🤑🤯

Also, I guess I’m not hard on bags, because none have ever gotten beat up enough that they are un-useable... So for me, quality doesn’t seem linked to money spent... 

Honored Contributor

My criteria:  crossbody, lightweight, under $50.  Seldom change my bag and have yet to have one fall apart.  Favorites brands: LeSportSac, Baggalini, some Vera Bradley.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like carrying a very nice bag, so I don't buy as many, and most are neutral. I am way more into quality than variety, but there's something out there for every taste, budget, and need.  

I still have Coach bags that are 45 years old (I can tell you the exact Christmas I got them) and I still carry sometimes.  I don't know how you can get a better value than that. 

Honored Contributor

I too wish I could return the vast majority of bags I impulse bought for a cash refund, but that isn't going to happen, so instead, I'm opting to stop making the same mistake by continuing to over-buy something I already have way too many of... I still prefer a nicer bag, but am also not opposed to carrying a 'cheapie' if I like it... I'm another one who think the best bargains are to be had by checking TJ Maxx and Marshall's on a regular basis. They do often carry quite a few unremarkable pleather bags, but they also usually offer a decent variety of nicer bags and brands at good prices and they also do mark their bags down from time to time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

What is the price range you're considering?  "Less expensive" means different things to different people.

Esteemed Contributor

Somewhere in the middle, thanks to the frozen shoulder a couple of years ago. Gave away so many heavy, leather bags. Agree with poster -- I don't even want to add up the cost of these bags I enjoyed. Because I'm traveling more, walking more and want to take pressure off my shoulder, I'm enjoying stylish small, backpacks. Carrying Calvin Klein and Kipling over the past year. Don't mind spending up to $100 for these, but generally find them on sale.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Where I grew up, I learned from peer pressure, as well as for my quality-conscious mother, to buy quality. I would rather have a handful of really good things than a closetful of cheap ones. I am not judging others but simply saying that's my attitude.