Honored Contributor

Re: I wonder if there will be a Mother's Day Dooney TSV

@faeriemoon  At first, I thought the team and college stuff was all right. I'd assumed it would be a time limited thing but it's taken on a life of its own and I tend to agree, I don't think it's enhanced the image of the brand, though they've probably made money on it... As for the DB... No imagination needed... As my pandemic lexicon has deteriorated badly, I find there are more and more of them in the world... Woman Very Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon  I also failed to mention, I have a couple coated bags in solids and love them too... They need not be a pattern to be lighter weight, practical and appealing. With the current emphasis being on lighter and easier to maintain, they really are shooting themselves in the foot not to be offering more of them...

Honored Contributor

@stevieb  The solids are my preference also.  They just don't seem to offer them very often.  A collection of summer brights done in coated cotton/canvas would sell well IMO.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There are amny 2-3 hr. Dooney shows on the guide, so assuming it must  be a TSV.

My Mom passed a few years ago, but God love her, I wouldn't have give her a $300 gift and she couldn't/wouldn't carry a heavy leather bag.

Respected Contributor

The hydrangea tote did catch my eye. It is adorable, and a mood-lifter!  But I am struggling currently with what to do with some other bags I purchased in the past and barely used (and not inexpensive)-  What a waste, it's bugging me.
So I decided, I already have too many. Stop the madness. 🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

Here is the Big Deal . It comes in two sizes and many colors in the Florentine leather.  It is a pass for me.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky Thanks for the info!  It's a pass for me too. 

Honored Contributor

Ring up another NO SALE for me... Three hundred bucks for a bland silhouette with a less than four inch depth doesn't signify a 'big deal' to me... Then there's the whole concept of Florntine leather going into summer. Would have made a better fall offering if they were going present this one at all.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb 

I agree the recent Big Deal does not look that special.  Also, reading reviews on florentine leather recently, some customers have commented that the leather seems more like pebble leather, not the highly-touted florentine leather.  One other observation: the lining.  It used to be that the high-end bags had a beautiful whitle leather lining.  Now it's the red cloth lining that is attached to every other Dooney bag.  Too bad.  I wonder if Sue Clifton will appear with the line tonight?  I know the vendors just promote what the company gives them to work with, but I hate to see a good quality line "dumbed-down." 

Honored Contributor

@maximillian  As far as the TSV's and 'Big Deals' are concerned, I've often thought the 'dumbing down' of brands is courtesy of QVC. I can't even remember the last time I was so much as temtped by a Dooney 'special value' of any kind here much less bought one, but I do know it goes back a long time. I'm not big on Dooney these days but QVC's Dooney offerings leave a lot to be desired, as do their pricing and shipping charges. HSN might well offer more interesting choices, but let's face it, better deals are to be had elsewhere.