Esteemed Contributor

Re: I've been bitten by the Dooney bug

A very happy birthday to you!

I was bitten by the Dooney bug a while back, and now am Looney for Dooney.  Just when I say I am done, there's something new that catches my eye.  I wanted a very small cross-body, just for the summer months, and ordered the very small daffodil cross-body ("as is"), with the black background.  It's such a cute one and keeps me happy with my collection...for a while.

Respected Contributor

@ruthbe wrote:

I love my dooneys.  I have had very good luck with the "as is" on QVC.  But not everyone has been so lucky I'm sorry to say.  I have also been lucky at the dooney outlet stores also.  Same top quality at a much reduced price (not like Coach....reduced quality for reduced price.  I was even told that by a friend that worked at a Coach store..the handbags sold at the coach outlet are different than the ones sold at retail)

I wish I had a Dooney outlet store! Lucky you. There is a coach outlet nearby, but, unlike Dooney, coach makes different, cheaper bags for the outlet stores. I read an interview with coach executive about that. I'm glad that Dooney is Dooney no matter where it is sold.

Super Contributor

That's a great birthday present to yourself!!!!!!!

I was bitten by the same bug many years ago - hate to tell you, there is no cure LOL

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday to you!  Enjoy your new bag.  It happens like that,  after I bought that first Dooney, I added several more to my collection pretty quickly.  I was on  roll...lol  That's when I first used Easy Pay.  And then it happened again with the Roma 2's.  I couldn't get enough of them....I bought three, one right after another.  But I was happy!

Trusted Contributor

@Rachb congratulations on your new bag! I just purchased a black Florentine leather Clayton satchel at Marshall's for 99.00 plus I won a bid on eBay for a purple Harrington hobo with accessories for 65 Smiley Happy love DB 

Valued Contributor

Welcome to the disease. I've had it for many years and there is no cure.

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@RockChalkJayhawk wrote:

Welcome to the disease. I've had it for many years and there is no cure.

Not true. I was a victim early on, but clearly have found an antidote, as this brand no longer interests me... Of course, I'm still a handbag junkie, just not a Dooney junkie...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have several (I think 4) Dooney bags and the real big travel bag.

It's amazing how many people notice the Dooney emblem.  I don't think about it and someone will say something about it.  Usually they say they can't afford them.  I find that embarrassing.  I always tell them they can get them on QVC and do that pay thing they have if they can't get them all at once.  

I can't carry a lot of them because they're too heavy.  I always have to find out how heavy they are first.

One I pull out every summer is the one that is covered with Hyacinths plants (mine is in purple/blue).  That one really catches people's eye!

Trusted Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 that print sounds lovely! I have two with flower prints that were a TSV 3 years ago I think. I get the most complements on these than any other bag I own.

Honored Contributor

@gramygram Here is a picture of it.  I got it at QVC about 2 years ago.  Mine has different flowers and the flowers are purple/bluish in color.

Thanks for the compliment.  I probably paid around $200 or so for it.  I like their purses because they always look good.