Respected Contributor

I received my Gili TSV bag today and......

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed.  The Blue Ice was pretty enough, but the handle and the gusset must have been lined with plywood.  Both are so stiff, they will never soften.  It actually bothered my arm just leaning up agains the side of that horrible gussett.  I could maybe understand reinforcing the bottom (although not really necessary), but the sides too????

I have 3 other real designer bags (one this is based on) and they're soft and still stand on their own.  Needless to say, I was back at the post office returning this one within an hour of receiving it. 

Ths one just wasn't for me............almost forgot, that pin clasp is a pain in the butt.  It' looks pretty, but definitely takes two hands.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I received my Gili TSV bag today and......

Do you think  there is cardboard in between the leather...I know they do this in cheap bags but shouldn't happen in bags in this price range.  I just rdered one today so I was sorry to read you review!  I did orderthe camo so it isn't an exotic but hope I like it!

Trusted Contributor

@HULAGIRL sorry this didn't work out for you. It looked like a pretty bag to me at first but when I saw that wraparound reinforcement I knew it wasn't for me. I'm sure the color was pretty though. The clasp was another reason I didnt order it.

Respected Contributor

@equss wrote:

Do you think  there is cardboard in between the leather...I know they do this in cheap bags but shouldn't happen in bags in this price range.  I just rdered one today so I was sorry to read you review!  I did orderthe camo so it isn't an exotic but hope I like it!

I do think they used cardboard......and you're right, the first thing I thought of was that part of it reminded me of a K-Mart bag......wish they wouldn't have done that because I would have kept it.

Respected Contributor

@gramygram wrote:

@HULAGIRL sorry this didn't work out for you. It looked like a pretty bag to me at first but when I saw that wraparound reinforcement I knew it wasn't for me. I'm sure the color was pretty though. The clasp was another reason I didnt order it.

If they had just used leather, it would have been fine......all a gussett is suppose to do is add a litte width to the bag.....when you have your items in the bag, there really isn't an issue with it standing up by itself.........I like a softer bag and if it hadn't been for this, I would be raving about it......even the pin clasp wouldn't have been enough for me to send it back.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Hulagirl....if they used cardboard that is a no go for me!!  Will cancel my order...what a disappointment.  I watched so many presentations and noticed how Jill kept saying the exotics are Italian leather, but she never commented on the pebble leather which left me wondering.  Also,  I think they should have to say, or at least write in the description, if something other that leather is used for shaping.  Sorry you have to pay return costs, but grateful you shared your opinion!!  Thanks