Trusted Contributor

Re: I miss the Kathy VanZeeland purses

I've got a couple of B. Makowsky bags that I've had for some time; I must say, they've held up well and look like new.

Trusted Contributor

My dear sister and I had a bright red vinyl bag of Kathy. One Saturday we were at Tuesday Morning and there was a 4 piece luggage set, brilliant red.

We got rid of them years ago when we switched to Samantha Brown at HSN.

Contributor

I have a purple MAXX bag still. I love it but I have not used it for a long time. It is packed away in my handbag closet. I still have a beautiful soft lamb B. Makowsky bag, It is cream colored and still holding up well. I use it during the summer.

Trusted Contributor

I had a really cute little crossbody bag of hers that I found and got from TJ Maxx, I think.

If I recall, It might have been made of canvas?

Anyway, it wore out but for awhile it was fun to use that bag and carry it around.

Frequent Contributor

0EFF7039-9488-41AC-AA05-951325E335BC.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Itsjustme4 

As I recall, her bags were all faux leather, right?  I recall all the shows (and TSVs!) her hubby, Bruce Makowsky, had on QVC.  It seemed like he had one every month and shoppers were obviously buying them.     

I still carry one of his bags.  

And the faux leather deteriorated relatively quickly. I loved the organization and bought several over time, but they only lasted a couple seasons. Fairly expensive for faux too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking of peeling handbags. I have a leather (real leather) Michael Kors which lining is peeling off.  It's a silver-colored interior and just peels in sheets.  It's 2-3 years old.  It cost much more than a KVZ bag so it should not have done this.  I had it in its bag over winter and got it out to use this summer and the lining is silver-colored and peeling in sheets.  Oh, well, live and learn.  It's not every button that shines that is gold.

Frequent Contributor

@violann  Yes you are quite right, the faux leather peels and cracks before long.  Such a shame because the inside holds up perfectly.  

Super Contributor

@Itsjustme4 wrote:

Anyone else still have a Kathy VanZeeland handbag?  I really liked her line.  The bags were so pretty and functional.  Nothing really compares to what she designed.  

Yes, just took a lovely black one still in great shape that I've had for years and years to a local charity thrift shop. It had hearts dangling from the strap with a patched croco design. Loved opening it up seeing the bright blue lining and my sister's first name inside.