Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm just not crazy about suede bags!

I think you have to be careful with suede as it's usually not colorfast, even on suede trimmed handbags.

I own this Aimee Kestenberg bag in black leather with suede trim. The suede trim isn't colorfast Black dye came off when rubbed with a white paper towel so this wouldn't be a bag to wear in rainy or snowy weather unless you want to risk color transfer on to your clothing.

As with any suede bag or suede clothing like a jacket, I keep them covered with the fabric bag that it comes with or use a pillow case to cover a suede jacket to prevent color transfer on to other clothing. I once ruined a cognac colored suede jacket storing it next to a navy suede jacket as the navy dye transfered on to the cognac suede when the jackets were hanging in the closet.

A236369

Trusted Contributor

TY1, how dare you show a gorgeous Aimee Kestenberg bag that now I'm going to have to go investigate?!  Why must you tempt me beyond what I can bear by showing your awesome bags?  heehee 

Honored Contributor

I have a navy suede handbag from LandsEnd that I bought a couple of years ago. It still looks new but I have been careful about not carrying it in the rain.

It is really nice and soft. Hobo style

Esteemed Contributor

@HULAGIRL

I love suede handbags and shoes they are so perfect especially for fall. They really have a beautiful look and define the word "accessory". 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love suede.....soft but not slippery.    Don't plan to buy anymore bags though...have enough for the rest of my life

Esteemed Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:

Love suede.....soft but not slippery.    Don't plan to buy anymore bags though...have enough for the rest of my life

@Justice4all

Good luck with that, I say the same thing but have been pretty good so far this year - just a couple of wallets and maybe a couple of bags.Woman Wink

Super Contributor

I ordered a suede cross body Dooney bag AS IS in Olive. I've had my eye on it for a few weeks so at that one hundred dollar reduced price I thought I'd give it a  try and see if I receive one in "new" condition. I was surprised to see they had about 5 colors in the bag under AS IS.

Super Contributor

OOPS. I meant it's a Dooney, suede drawstring bag NOT cross body.

Respected Contributor

I love how it looks, but can't wear in my climate (snow and rain.) Every suede bag I ever purchased, I either sold or gave away.

They do require a lot of care and a bag that just sits on the shelf (apart from formal bags,) just isn't a bargain.

I also don't wear suede jackets.

Respected Contributor

...you have to take precautions with suede bags but they can stay lovely for years if you do.  However, if don't like suede bags, don't buy one.  It's not a requirement ....lol