Respected Contributor

I'm just not crazy about suede bags!

It has been a long time since I've had one, but they usually end up looking bad within a short amount of time.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm just not crazy about suede bags!

I don't care for them, either....along with suede shoes....both look bad soon afer a few uses....

Esteemed Contributor

I've had a color block suede tote from Tignello and that bag was purchased at least over 5 years ago, and still looks brand new..  It's all in how you treat them and take care of your handbags. 

Trusted Contributor

It does depend on the quality but I agree that leather wears better than suede.  It is definitely more of a luxury item to own;.  I love them but only own one.

Respected Contributor

I love suede ! I've had good luck with suede boots and ba...

I love suede ! I've had good luck with suede boots and bags staying nice for years, and I live where there is snow to tromp through in winter,and have not had to give them any special treatment . DH tells me I take good care of my clothing and accessories but I don't think I do anything special.
Super Contributor

I love the look of suede but if I got even one spot of soil on it I'd not want to use it again. I do have my eye on a suede drawstring Dooney. So far I have been able to hold off on actually buying it.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE the look of suede handbags, but confess that I will not purchase one (although I have several suede shoes, jackets, etc.).  Years ago I had a blue suede handbag but it rubbed along my clothes and transferred the blue to a beautiful cream sweater.  Granted, this was at least 15 years ago, and the quality of the suede is probably much better today, but that burned me for good.

Honored Contributor

I like them more in theory than I do in practice... but I do like them.  If I had to make a choice between two bags I loved, one leather and the other suede, I'd opt for the leather.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love the way suede takes color.  It always looks so luxurious.  However, I generally only buy it in dark colors because, as someone mentioned, if it gets marked or stained, that's the end of it.

I would definitely be interested in finding a great suede satchel this fall.  I have a Dooney nubuck satchel I got at Nordie's a few years ago, but I think I'd like to find a true suede one.

Honored Contributor

As long as we're talking likes and dislikes, I will say I utterly fail to see the appeal of most fringe bags, many of which are suede.  Regardless of the material though, the majority of them do absolutely nothing for me.  It's not a look I personally find appealing most of the time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...