Occasional Contributor

Re: I just can't buy a Dooney that...

LET ME CHIME IN AND SAY THAT I DISLIKED THE NEW GOLD NAMEPLATE SINCE THEY WERE INTRODUCED. WHERE'S THE DUCK

Occasional Contributor

I believe its called mass production...

Respected Contributor

I noticed that the Dooney website is selling the Verona in Florentine now.  Have to admit to salivating at the mere sight of it.  I don't need another bag I keep telling myself.  Wonder if Q is planning on selling it once they clear out the older Dooneys.  

Respected Contributor

I'm not happy with the lettering versus the old small brass plate. Just doesn't do it for me. But I have a bag with that (TSV) and I carry it almost every day. I love the key leash inside. I tend to misplace keys and once drove 30 miles to my office without the key on a weekend. UH. Bad. So now I have keys on the leash. The car keys are on another fob from Dooney (I don't tend to lose those.) And I put a key keeper right next to the door to the garage, hang it when I come home. 

I switch between that Dooney, Shelby Shopper in the gunmetal grey, and several GILI double zipper hobos. I love all the bags I get here, but I've learned to wait a bit and find good used or new ones on Ebay. 

Valued Contributor

I agree, the gold lettering is too distracting in my opinion. I only have one Dooney, the zip zip satchel. I picked it up on Black Friday at Macy's online for 110 plus free shipping. After seeing so many Dooney & Bourkes at the outlet mall, the prices on the Q seem on the high side. I will say I love my zip zip in celadon. I use it when I'm not sporting a larger bag which I tend to gravitate towards. I like the older nameplate, much more subtle although the larger lettering seems to be the trend. I also bought my mom the Sophie hobo in purple for Christmas with wallet and key fob. It was pricey but she loved it. I may get another D & B in the future but I will search for a deal online. I do like the quality of the leather and the colors are gorgeous.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."